Location in Crawford County
Crawford County's location in Illinois
|Established||June 21, 1869|
|• Total||54.5 sq mi (141 km2)|
|• Land||54.04 sq mi (140.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.45 sq mi (1.2 km2) 0.83%|
|Elevation||558 ft (170 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||12.4/sq mi (4.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62427, 62451, 62454
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.5 square miles (141 km2), of which 54.04 square miles (140.0 km2) (or 99.16%) is land and 0.45 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 0.83%) is water. The Wabash River defines its eastern border.
Cities, towns, villages
- Flat Rock (east quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these twenty-three cemeteries: Allen, Baker, Bartmess, Bennett, Dickerson, Ferrell, Ford, Fuller, Ganies, Green, Green Hill, Hale, Higgins, Johnson, Lackey, Maddox, Morea, Norton, Pleasant View, Seaney, Shaw, Tobey and Wesley Chapel.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Lawrence County Community Unit District 20
- Palestine Community Unit School District 3
- Robinson Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Montgomery Township, Crawford County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.