|No. 90 – Washington Redskins|
|Born:||September 4, 1996|
Stone Mountain, Georgia
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||262 lb (119 kg)|
|High school:||Stephenson (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 1 / Pick: 26|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Shaquan Montez Sweat (born September 4, 1996) is an American football defensive end for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Mississippi State, and was drafted by the Redskins in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
High school career
Sweat attended Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain, Georgia, where he was rated as one of the top tight ends in the country. After graduating high school, Sweat committed to the Michigan State Spartans.
Sweat played in two games for them in 2014. He left Michigan State in 2016, enrolling at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi. There, Sweat was ranked the 24th best junior college recruit in 2017 by 247 sports and then committed to Mississippi State over offers from LSU and Texas A&M.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 3⁄4 in
|35 3⁄4 in
|10 1⁄2 in
|4.41 s||1.54 s||2.57 s||4.29 s||7.00 s||36 in
|10 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
At the 2019 NFL Combine, Montez set a combine record for a defensive lineman running the 40 yard dash at 4.41 seconds. At the same time, Sweat was reportedly diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, prompting some teams to remove him from their draft boards. Despite that, Sweat was selected by the Washington Redskins in the first round, 26th overall, of the 2019 NFL Draft. The team traded back up into the first round to select him after using their original pick on Dwayne Haskins. He signed his four-year rookie contract on May 29, 2019.
In week 3 against the Chicago Bears, Sweat recorded his first career sack on Mitchell Trubisky in the 31–15 loss on Monday Night Football. In week 17 against the Dallas Cowboys, Sweat sacked Dak Prescott twice, one of which was a strip sack that was recovered by teammate Shaun Dion Hamilton, during the 47–16 loss. 
- Melnick, Kyle. "Seven Things We've Learned About Montez Sweat". Redskins.com. Retrieved July 24, 2019.
- Griffith, Mike (April 18, 2016). "Defensive linemen Craig Evans and Montez Sweat no longer with Michigan State". MLive. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- "2017 Top Football Recruits". 247sports.com. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- "Montez Sweat". 247sports.com. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile – Montez Sweat". nfl.com. May 15, 2019. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat : 2019 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "Montez Sweat sets 40-yard dash record for defensive linemen at NFL scouting combine". Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- Maya, Adam. "Montez Sweat possibly misdiagnosed with heart issue". NFL.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Bergman, Jeremy. "Montez Sweat falls to Redskins after misdiagnosis". NFL.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Bergman, Jeremy (May 29, 2019). "Redskins sign No. 26 pick Montez Sweat to rookie deal". NFL.com. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- "Trubisky, Bears get offense on track, beat Redskins 31-15". www.espn.com. September 22, 2019. Retrieved September 22, 2019.
- "Cowboys beat Redskins 47-16, miss playoffs with Eagles' win". www.espn.com. Associated Press. December 29, 2019. Retrieved December 29, 2019.
- Ducote, Nick (October 14, 2019). "Montez Sweat stars in Old Spice Commercial". WLBT. Jackson, Mississippi. Retrieved October 18, 2019.