|Mitsubishi Xpander (NC)|
2018 Mitsubishi Xpander Ultimate (NC1W, Indonesia)
|Production||August 2017 – present|
|Assembly||Indonesia: Cikarang (MMKI)|
|Designer||Tsunehiro Kunimoto (2015)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Related||Nissan Livina (ND)|
|Engine||1.5 L 4A91 MIVEC I4 (petrol)|
|Power output||77 kW (103 hp; 105 PS)|
|Wheelbase||2,775 mm (109.3 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,220–1,240 kg (2,690–2,734 lb)|
The Mitsubishi Xpander (Japanese: 三菱・エクスパンダー Mitsubishi Ekusupandā) is a seven-seat compact MPV designed and manufactured in Indonesia by Mitsubishi Motors. The design was previewed by the XM Concept that was first displayed at the 24th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in August 2016. The official teaser images of the car were revealed on the Mitsubishi Motors website on July 17, 2017. The car was unveiled in Jakarta on July 24, 2017 and debuted on August 10, 2017 at the 25th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The car went on sale in Indonesia on October 3, 2017 and has been exported to the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Egypt and Sri Lanka. A redesigned variant of the Xpander, with mainly different front and rear fascias is sold by Nissan as the second generation Livina.
The Xpander has a crossover SUV-inspired variant called the Xpander Cross. It was launched in Jakarta, Indonesia on November 12, 2019. Like the standard variant, it is also planned to be exported to other countries.
The Xpander is currently built in Indonesia and will expand its production in Vietnam by 2020.
|NC1W||1.5||1.5 L 4A91 DOHC 16-valve MIVEC inline-four||5-speed manual
|77 kW (103 hp; 105 PS) at 6,000 rpm||141 N⋅m (104 lb⋅ft) at 4,000 rpm|
In Bangladesh, the Xpander is only available in one trim level: GLS.
In Brunei, the Xpander went on sale on June 2, 2019.
In Indonesia, the Xpander is available in five trim levels: GLX, GLS, Exceed, Sport and Ultimate. The manual transmission was initially offered in GLX, GLS and Exceed trims, while the automatic transmission was initially offered in Exceed, Sport and Ultimate trims. The GLS trim with automatic transmission and Sport trim with manual transmission were added later in August 2018 during the 26th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The Exceed, Sport and Ultimate trims have 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels, while the GLX trim has 15-inch steel wheels (later with hubcaps after the October 2018 improvement) and the GLS trim has 15-inch standard alloy wheels. The Xpander's interior colour is beige, with the exception of the Sport trim which has full black interior. Most trim levels have silver panel on its interior, while the Ultimate trim has wooden panel. The Limited Edition variant which is based on the Ultimate trim was made available in April 2019 to commemorate the sale of the Xpander which has reached 100,000 units. Only 1,000 units were made. It was introduced at the 27th Telkomsel Indonesia International Motor Show.
The Xpander Cross is based on Sport and Ultimate trim and comes with redesigned grille, restyled front and rear bumpers, addition of black over fenders, side body garnish, roof rails, LED headlamps and fog lamps, black tailgate garnish, shark fin radio antenna, 17-inch two-tone alloy wheels, revised suspension system with higher ground clearance at 225 mm (8.9 in), rear window defogger, and black and brown interior with silver panels. It is available with either manual or automatic transmission. The Premium Package with leather seats, hood emblem and V-Kool window film is also offered as an option for the Xpander Cross with automatic transmission.
In the Philippines, the Xpander is available in four trim levels: GLX, GLX Plus, GLS and GLS Sport. The GLX and GLX Plus trims have black front grille, body coloured door handle and is equipped with four speakers. The GLX trim is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, 15-inch steel wheels, 2 DIN infotainment system (without navigation) and is not equipped with fog lamps. The GLX Plus, GLS and GLS Sport trims are equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission, 7-inch infotainment screen with navigation, 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels and fog lamps. The GLS trim is equipped with chrome door handles, smart entry with start push button, power folding side mirrors and six speakers. The GLS Sport is equipped with wrap around bodykits and safety features such as stability control, traction control and hill-start assist. All variants are equipped with anti-lock braking system with electronic brakeforce distribution, audio control on steering wheel, cruise control and tilt-telescopic adjustment on steering wheel.
In Thailand, the Xpander is available in two trim levels: GLS Limited and GT.
In Myanmar, the Xpander is available in one trim level: GLS. It has been sold since September 2019.
The car was well received at the 25th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show, as pre-orders reached 11,827 units during the event.. To meet the high demand for the car in both the Indonesian and overseas markets, Mitsubishi's Indonesian operation increased production from 5,000 to 10,000 units per month. Mitsubishi began exporting the Xpander to the Philippines, which made its debut there on March 1, 2018 as the replacement to the Adventure and went on sale in May 2018. Initially, the carmaker sent 400 of the 21,000 cars ordered for 2018. Mitsubishi set a target to export 30,000 units of the car to the country. The car has also been planned to be exported to Thailand (6,000 cars), Vietnam (1,000 cars), African countries (1,000 cars), Middle Eastern countries (500 cars) and South American countries (500 cars).[vague] As of September 2018, more than 100,000 units of the car has been sold since its introduction.
The Xpander AP4 is a rally car that will compete in the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship in the AP4 class. It was first shown as the prototype at the 27th Telkomsel Indonesia International Motor Show through April to May 2019. The exterior has been modified to meet FIA AP4 rally standards. The interior has been stripped down and the roll cage has been added. The AC and other unnecessary features has also been removed. The race-ready version of the car was shown at the 27th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in July 2019. It is powered by a de-bored and de-stroked 2.0 L 4B11 engine to the displacement of 1.6 L and produced 261 kW (350 hp; 355 PS) and 556 N⋅m (410 lb⋅ft) of torque with the power transferred to four-wheel drive system. The car would originally made its official rally debut at the NZRC Goldrush Rally of Coromandel in Moewai Park, Whitianga, New Zealand from August 16 to 17, 2019 and piloted by Rifat Sungkar of Xpander Rally Team with Muhammad Redwan as the co-driver, but the FIA homologation process had not been finished at the time. The team then would use a Lancer Evolution VI spare car to be still able to compete in the rally. The Xpander AP4 has a claimed development cost of more than Rp 4,000,000,000 (approximately US$288,000 as of July 2019).
|Adult Occupant Protection||28.14/36.00|
|Child Occupant Protection||36.63/49.00|
Mitsubishi XM Concept at the 24th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in August 2016
- "Mitsubishi Motors to Globally Unveil Small Crossover MPV at Indonesia International Auto Show 2017". Mitsubishi Motors. July 17, 2017. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Katana, Satria (July 24, 2017). "Mitsubishi Expander Resmi Diperkenalkan!". Autonetmagz.com. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- "Mitsubishi Motors expands its Indonesian and ASEAN footprint with all-new XPANDER people-carrier". Mitsubishi Motors. August 10, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- Pablo, Samuel. "Jadi Raja Nasional, Xpander Rambah Pasar Ekspor ke 6 Negara". news.
- Maulana, Aditya (February 19, 2019). "Nissan Livina Xpander Resmi Meluncur, Harga Mulai Rp 198,8 Juta" [Nissan Livina Xpander Officially Launches, Prices Start at Rp. 198.8 Million]. Kompas.com (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Kurniawan, Ruly (February 19, 2019). "Nissan Livina Rasa Xpander Resmi Meluncur" [Nissan Livina Xpander Taste Officially Launches] (Press release) (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia: detikOto. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "MITSUBISHI MOTORS introduces XPANDER CROSS - a new rugged crossover MPV built for style, capability and comfort". Mitsubishi Motors. November 12, 2019. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Anshori, Luthfi (November 12, 2019). "Perdana di Dunia, Mitsubishi Xpander Cross Meluncur di Indonesia". detikOto (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander to reach Brunei shores soon". April 28, 2019.
- "6 Varian Xpander plus Harganya". Warta Kota.
- "Resmi Meluncur, Segini Harga Mitsubishi Xpander Limited Edition. Cuma Ada 1.000 Unit Lo - GridOto.com". www.gridoto.com.
- VIVA, PT VIVA MEDIA BARU- (April 25, 2019). "Mitsubishi Luncurkan Xpander Paling Mewah - VIVA". www.viva.co.id.
- Katana, Satria (April 25, 2019). "IIMS 2019 : Mitsubishi Resmi Rilis Xpander Limited Edition". AutonetMagz :: Review Mobil dan Motor Baru Indonesia.
- "Mitsubishi Motors Philippines officially launches the all–new XPANDER". Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "2018 Mitsubishi Xpander: Thai prices and specs". Bangkok Post.
- Muhammad Ikhsan (August 21, 2017). "Wow, Mitsubishi Xpander Terjual 11.827 Unit di GIIAS 2017".
- Naufal Shafly (February 7, 2018). "Pesanan Mitsubishi Xpander Tinggi, Begini Siasat Produksinya".
- VIVA, PT VIVA MEDIA BARU- (November 3, 2018). "Laris Manis, Lebih dari 100 Ribu Unit Xpander Berhasil Terjual – VIVA". www.viva.co.id.
- "In the name of Evo: Mitsubishi just built a rally-ready Xpander". AutoIndustriya.
- "Xpander Tampil Galak Berjubah Reli". KOMPAS.com. Kompas Cyber Media.
- "Kerennya Bisa Kalahin Xpander Limited Edition dan Siap Terjun Rally Beneran". GridOto.com.
- Katana, Satria (April 25, 2019). "IIMS 2019: Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Concept, Siap Diajak Rally". AutonetMagz.
- "Ini Dia Tampang Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Concept". Bisnis.com.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Bikinan Rifat Sungkar Siap Turun Rally Asia-Pasifik". GridOto.com.
- "This Mitsubishi Xpander has the heart of a Lancer Evo X". AutoIndustriya.
- "Rifat Sungkar Pelajari Xpander Reli Sampai ke Selandia Baru". KOMPAS.com. Kompas Cyber Media.
- "Rifat Sungkar Bawa Xpander Rally Team ke Reli di Selandia Baru, Simak Persiapannya". GridOto.com.
- "Xpander Reli Milik Rifat Gagal Tampil, Tim FIA Punya Alasan Ini". GridOto.com.
- "Rifat Sungkar Tetap Ikut Reli Selandia Baru, Tidak Pakai Xpander Melainkan Mitsubishi Lancer Evo". Mobilinanews.com.
- "Demi Balap AP4, Biaya Bangun Xpander Reli Ini Tembus Rp 4 Miliar". Oto.com.
- "MITSUBISHI XPANDER". Aseancap. February 5, 2018. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- Rayanti, Dina. "Depak Xpander, Avanza Mobil Terlaris Indonesia Tahun 2018". detikoto.
- Advertorial. "Mitsubishi Xpander dan Jalan Menuju Kesempurnaan". tirto.id.
- "Terjual 11 Ribu Unit, Xpander Dongkrak Penjualan Mitsubishi Selama 2017". Tribunnews.com. February 16, 2018.
- "Mitsubishi Indonesia Raup Sukses Besar Berkat Xpander". MSN.
- Andres, Anton (February 18, 2019). "Mitsubishi Xpander is country's best-selling small MPV of 2018". Auto Industry News. Philippines. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "Hatchback+Sedan". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi Xpander.|