|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
Chairman of the Board
President and CEO
|Revenue||$300 Million USD (2010)|
Number of employees
Mitchell International, Inc. is an American company based in San Diego, CA, which develops software used by the automotive industry to manage collision and medical claims, parts and labor estimates, and glass replacement quotes. Mitchell operates throughout the United States and Canada, and processes more than 50 million transactions a year for more than 300 insurance companies, more than 30,000 collision repair facilities, independent adjusters, and other vehicle repair participants.
Mitchell's business units include Auto Physical Damage Division, Auto Casualty Solutions Division, Workers' Compensation Division, and NHQ Negotiation Services Division.
In 2000, Mitchell was acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, and then in 2007 was sold to Aurora Capital Group for approximately $500 million. The company is also former subsidiary of MIH Parent Inc.
In February 2014, Mitchell announced plans to acquire FAIRPAY Solutions, a provider of workers' compensation, liability and billing review services. In December 2014, Mitchell announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Cogent Works, a provider of pharmacy network management services to the automobile casualty and workers' compensation markets.
In March 2012, Mitchell announced its acquisition of National Health Quest, a provider of out-of-network medical payment negotiations and services.
- Mitchell International's CFO eases into chief executive's chair: Alex Sun takes the helm after two-year transition
- "Mitchell International | Company Profile from Hoover's". Mitchell International, Inc. Company Information. Hoover's. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Mitchell International, Inc.|Company Profile|Vault.com". Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Our History". www.mitchell.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Mitchell International, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Mitchell to Acquire Fairpay Solutions". Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Mitchell to Acquire Cogent Works". Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Mitchell Announces Acquisition of National Health Quest, Inc". MarketWired. MarketWired. March 14, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2016.