|Motto||Beauties for a Cause|
Miss Philippines Earth (2004-2017, 2019-present), originally titled "Miss Philippines" (2001-2003) then "Miss Earth Philippines" (2018), is a Filipino national beauty pageant held annually in search of the most beautiful and environmentally-conscious and aware woman in the Philippines.
|Number of Wins|
|Miss Earth||4||2008, 2014, 2015, 2017|
In the first quarter of 2001, Carousel Productions relinquished the franchise for both Mutya ng Pilipinas (Beauty of the Philippines) and Miss Asia Pacific International beauty contests and decided to establish a beauty pageant whose cause is to promote environmental preservation. As a result, Miss Philippines (currently called Miss Philippines Earth) and Miss Earth pageants were established.
Miss Philippines beauty pageant was formally launched in a press conference on 3 April 2001 with the search of a delegate to represent Philippines in the international Miss Earth pageant. The pageant tied up with the Philippine government agencies such as the Philippine Department of Tourism (DoT), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), and at least two international environmental groups such as the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the American Global Release to further its environmental advocacy.
In its formative years, the pageant was simply known as Miss Philippines, but to avoid confusion with another Philippine national pageant of the same name, Binibining Pilipinas (which direct English translation is Miss Philippines), the name was changed to Miss Philippines Earth. In 2018, the title was renamed to Miss Earth Philippines to emphasize the global “Miss Earth” brand.  However in 2019, the pageant reverted its name to “Miss Philippines Earth” to assert to its legal rights claim since Carousel Productions legally owns the "Miss Philippines" title according to its executive vice president, Lorraine Schuck.
The pageant contestants are called "Beauties for a Cause." The competition includes swimsuit competition, long gown parade, talent competition, but more weight is given to personality and also to ecological and environmental intelligence in the interview portion.
Carousel Productions opened the contest in 2006 to Filipina women of foreign ancestry, or from those living abroad such as Australia, France, Germany, United Arab Emirates and the United States.
In 2008, Miss Philippines-Earth broadened its coverage to include candidates from various provinces, cities, and municipalities. The decision to transform Miss Philippines Earth in a larger-scale was made to further the cause of Miss Philippines Earth and with more participants involved, Carousel Productions would be able to reach more people and communities involved in its environmental advocacy. See Philippines at Pageantry
Carousel Production previously held beauty contest in 12 Regions of the Philippines from 2001–2007, through its local franchises. The winners of those contest in turn competed with 12 more contestants from the National Capital Region for the coveted title.
In 2006, Carousel Production opened the contest to Filipina women of foreign ancestry, or living abroad. In 2008, Miss Philippines-Earth broaden its coverage to various provinces, cities, municipalities to send in their candidate.
From 2007- 2008, the first runner-up or Miss Philippines Air, was officially designated the Miss Philippines Tourism Queen International (MTQI) title and competed at Miss Tourism Queen International pageant. However, in 2009, Grezilda Adelantar, Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism represented the Philippines in the Miss Tourism Queen International pageant. The franchise was transferred to Binibining Pilipinas in 2011.
From 2009, it was also declared that the four elemental court of the Miss Philippines Earth winner namely: Miss Philippines- Air, Miss Philippines- Water, Miss Philippines- Fire, and Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism are all equal winners and the remaining five finalists that failed to advance in the top five are the runners up of the pageant.
Awards and titles
Just like in Miss Earth pageant, the winner of the beauty contest is bestowed the title Miss Philippines Earth; her runners-up are also given titles named after the other natural elements:Miss Philippines Eco Tourism (fourth runner-up), Miss Philippines Fire (equivalent to third runner-up), Miss Philippines Water (second runner-up), and Miss Philippines Air (first runner-up). Miss Earth is the only one of the "Big Four" pageants which have individual titles for the runners-up. In 2009, Carousel Productions, the organizer of Miss Philippines Earth, changed the ranking of the runners up and winners. The judges now select 10 finalists to compete for the top five. The top five then vie for the grand crown (now-called Miss Earth Philippines) and the four other equal crowns. The remaining five finalists who fail to advance in the top five serve as the runners up of the pageant.
- Color keys
|Year||Miss Earth Philippines Elemental Court Titlists|
|2001||Carlene Aguilar ||Maria del Carmen Antigua||Anjelly Gamboa||Marites Orjalesa||Gemma Gatdula|
|2002||April Ross Perez||Justine Vinluan Gabionza||Gina Ritter||Sheryll Anne Ducusin||Honeylet Christine Gascon|
|2003||Laura Marie Dunlap||Evangeline Natalie S. Tarin||Sheryl Lou Franco||Lesley Jean Samson||Mary Joyce Garcia|
|2004||Tamera Marie Szijarto||Nadia C. Camolli||Jasmin Chua||Sheila Margrethe Alonso||Keithley Anne Campos|
|2005||Genebelle Raagas||Nadia Lee Cien Shami||Arleine Villanueva||Antonette Stephanie Yu||April Lynn Villanueva|
|2006||Catherine Untalan||Ginger Ann Conejero||Katrina Grace Rigets||Francis Dianne Cervantes||Reena Rae Sarmiento|
|2007||Jeanne Harn||Krystle Ann Gonzalez Dizon-Grant||Joyce Nocomura||Sarah Katrina Miñoza||Anna Katrina Bautista|
|2008||Karla Paula Henry||Marie Razel Eguia||Marian Michelle Oblea||Ma. Kristelle Lazaro||Maria Venus Raj|
|2009||Sandra Inez Seifert||Michelle Martha Braun||Kirstie Joan Babor||Patricia Marie Tumulak||Grezilda Adelantar|
|2010||Kris Psyche Resus||Renee Rosario McHugh||Emmerie Dale Cunanan||Gwennaelle Ruais||Angela Lauren Fernando|
|2011||Athena Mae Imperial||Jonavi Raisa Quiray||Murielle Adrienne Orais||Michelle Gavagan||Mary Denisse Toribio|
|2012||Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz||Glennifer Perido||Samantha Purvor||Thoreen Halvorsen||Mary Candice Ramos|
|2013||Angelee Claudette delos Reyes||Nancy Leonard||Alma Cabasal||Athina Karla Chia||Bernadette Mae Aguirre|
|2014||Jamie Herrell||Diane Carmela Querrer||Kimberly Covert||Bencelle Bianzon||Monique Teruelle Manuel|
|2015||Angelia Gabrena Ong ||Chanel Olive Thomas||Catherine Joy Marin||Carla Angela Valderrama||Jona Sweett|
|2016||Loren Mar Artajos||Shannon Rebecca Bridgman ||Melanie Mader ||Maria Fatima Al-sowyed ||Charinna Barro |
|2017||Karen Ibasco||Kim De Guzman||Jessica Marasigan||Nellza Bautista||Vanessa Mae Castillo|
|2018||Silvia Celeste Cortesi||Zahra Bianca Saldua||Berjayneth Chee||Jean Nicole de Jesus||Halimatu Yushawu|
|2019||Janelle Lazo Tee||Ana Monica Tan||Chelsea Lovely Fernandez||Alexandra Marie Dayrit||Karen Nicole Piccio|
^1 Note: The years 2009 and 2010 editions, the Miss Philippines Earth remained the grand title of the event, but the four other titles i.e., Miss Philippines- Air, Miss Philippines- Water, Miss Philippines- Fire, and Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism are all equal winners. The remaining five finalists in the top 10 that failed to advance in the top five are the runners up of the pageant. It happened once again in 2017. ^2 Note: By 2011, it reverted to its original order with Miss Air as the runner-up or 2nd place, followed by Miss Water, Miss Fire, and Miss Eco-Tourism as 3rd, 4th and 5th placings, respectively
- Color keys
|Edition||Pageant Date||Miss Philippines (for Miss Earth)
2001 - 2003
|1st||28 April 2001||Carlene Aguilar||Manila, Philippines||19||24||University of the Philippines Theater, Quezon City|
|2nd||12 May 2002||April Perez||Zamboanga City, Philippines||20||24||University of the Philippines Theater, Quezon City|
|3rd||11 May 2003||Laura Dunlap||Angeles City, Philippines||19||24||Aguinaldo Theatre, Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City|
|Edition||Pageant Date||Miss Earth Philippines
2018 - present
|18th||19 May 2018||Celeste Cortesi||Parma, Italy
Filipino Community of Rome, Italy
|20||42||Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City|
|19th||10 June 2019||Janelle Lazo Tee||Pasig City, Metro Manila
National Capital Region
|28||40||The Cove, Okada Manila, Paranaque City|
1 Age at time of Miss Philippines Earth pageant, now-called Miss Earth Philippines
2 Schweighart resigned from her post as Miss Philippines Earth 2016 on 31 October 2016, two days after the Miss Earth 2016 pageant, following the leak of a video showing her making a controversial remark against Miss Earth 2016 winner Katherine Espin of Ecuador. The 2nd runner up, Loren Mar Artajos takes over her duties as Miss Philippines Earth. The 1st runner-up, Kiara Giel Gregorio could not assume the title due to studies in London.
Below are the complete names of the annual titleholders of the now-called Miss Earth Philippines, listed in descending order and according to the year in which they participated in Miss Earth, their height and age during their national crowning and their final placement in the aforementioned international pageant after their participation.
The current Miss Earth Philippines titleholder is Silvia Celeste Cortesi.
- Color key
- Declared as Miss Earth
- Ended as Runner-up in Miss Earth
- Ended as one of the Top Finalists/ Semi-Finalists in Miss Earth
- Received or a candidate of a Special Award but did not place in Miss Earth
- The contestant was not able to compete in an international pageant.
- The contestant was unplaced.
|Number of Wins|
|Miss Tourism Queen International||1||2006|
Miss Philippines Earth Organization (Carousel Productions) held the franchise for Miss Tourism Queen International (MTQI) pageant from 2005 until 2009. There were no international pageant in 2010. The franchise was transferred under the management of BPCI (Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc.) from 2011 until 2013.
The following is the list of the Miss Tourism Queen International Philippines titleholders and their placements:
- Color key
- Declared as Miss Tourism Queen International
- Ended as runner-up in Miss Tourism Queen International
- Ended as one of the top finalists/ semifinalists in Miss Tourism Queen International
- Received or a candidate of a special award but did not place in Miss Tourism Queen International
- Candidate did not place in Miss Tourism Queen International
|Year||Delegate||National Title||Placement in Miss Tourism Queen International||Other awards|
|2004||Charisma 'Charisse' Agasid Ocrisma||2003 MTV Fashionista 2nd runner-up (Appointed)||Unplaced||Miss Bikini|
|2005||Sheila Margrethe Aguilar Alonso||Miss Philippines Fire 2004 (Appointed)||Top 12 Semifinalist||Best Smile|
|2006||Justine Vinluan Gabionza||Miss Philippines Air 2002 (Appointed)||Miss Tourism Queen International 2006||Asia's Queen|
|2007||Annemarie Rose Santos Jebb||Miss Philippines Earth 2007 Top 10 Semifinalist (Appointed)||Unplaced||None|
|2008||Krystle Ann Gonzalez Dizon-Grant||Miss Philippines Air 2007||Unplaced||None|
|2009||Marie Razel Triff Eguia||Miss Philippines Air 2008||Unplaced||3rd Place Best in Evening Gown|
|2010||Grezilda Ennis Adelantar||Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism 2009||Unable to fulfill her competition. Miss Tourism Queen International 2010 cancelled|
Gallery of Winners
Miss Philippines Earth
|Edition||Year||Broadcast Date||Timeslot||TV Network||Ratings (AGB-Nielsen)||Ratings (Kantar Media Nationwide)|
|1st||2001||April 28, 2001||RPN Channel 9|
|2nd||2002||May 12, 2002||ABS-CBN|
|3rd||2003||May 11, 2003||ABS-CBN|
|4th||2004||May 2, 2004||ABS-CBN|
|5th||2005||May 29, 2005||ABS-CBN|
|6th||2006||May 14, 2006||ABS-CBN|
|7th||2007||April 29, 2007||ABS-CBN|
|8th||2008||May 11, 2008||ABS-CBN|
|9th||2009||May 10, 2009||9:45PM||ABS-CBN||10.9% ||10.5% |
|10th||2010||April 25, 2010||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||5.3% |
|11th||2011||June 5, 2011||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||5.7%|
|12th||2012||May 27, 2012||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||6.2% ||5.1% |
|13th||2013||May 19, 2013||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||6.7% |
|14th||2014||May 11, 2014||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||5.8% |
|15th||2015||May 31, 2015||10:30PM||ABS-CBN||3.9% |
|16th||2016||June 11, 2016||10:00AM||ABS-CBN||6.0% ||12.2% |
|17th||2017||July 15, 2017||10:00AM||ABS-CBN||2.5% |
|18th||2018||May 19, 2018||10:00AM||ABS-CBN|
|19th||2019||July 13, 2019||TBA||GMA Network|
- "NegOcc beauty queen is Miss Philippines Earth 2009". ABS-CBN Interactive. 11 May 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2009.
- Schuck, Lorraine (5 June 2008). "About Miss Philippines: Beauty Pageant with a Cause". Miss Philippines Earth official website. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- Hookway, James (15 February 2001). "Philippine Beauty Queens Compete for Earth in Pageant". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Online News, ABS_CBN (11 May 2009). "NegOcc beauty queen is Miss Philippines Earth 2009". ABS-CBN Network. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Adina, Armin (13 May 2008). "Second time a charm for new Miss Earth". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 27 April 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Jojo, DJ Mojo (17 May 2008). "Mother's Day for Mother Earth". The Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 17 February 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Lo, Ricardo F. (3 April 2001). "Two new RP Beauty Contests Coming Up". Philippine Headline News/Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Xinhua News, Online (29 August 2001). "Philippines to Host Miss Earth 2001 Beauty Contest". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Barawid, Rachel Castro (11 October 2001). "35 beauties vying for Miss Earth title". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Adina, Armin P. (11 May 2018). "42 vying for Miss Earth PH". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Adnina, Armin (24 June 2019). "Miss Philippines Earth pageant reverts to original name". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Villano, Alexa (20 May 2018). "Meet Miss Earth Philippines 2018 Silvia Celeste Cortesi". Rappler. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Barawid, Rachel (30 October 2001). "Danish student wins 1st Miss Earth title". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Soul, John (3 April 2009). "Miss Philippines Earth 2009: The Beauty with a Cause Pageant". Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- ABS-CBN News, Online (11 May 2009). "NegOcc beauty queen is Miss Philippines Earth 2009". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- Adina, Armin (12 May 2009). "2 Negrense beauties top pageant". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 15 May 2009. Retrieved 2 March 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Ten Finalists of Miss Philippines Earth 2011 Revealed, Finals on June 5". The Manila Paper. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "The Filipino Chinese are part of our DNA". The Philippine Star. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "10 stunning photos of Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Adina, Armin (11 June 2016). "German-Filipina Imelda Schweighart wins Miss Philippines-Earth crown". Inquirer lifestyle. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Miss Philippines Earth 2016 Imelda Schweighart on criticism, bullying". Rappler. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Miss Philippines Earth 2016 Reigning Queens". Facebook. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Imelda Schweighart resigns as Miss Philippines Earth". InterAksyon. 31 October 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/news/21733/agb-mega-manila-tv-ratings-may-8-11-a-powerful-debut-for-power-of-10. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/news/21732/tns-national-tv-ratings-may-8-11-boys-over-flowers-smells-sweet-on-its-debut. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/news/25431/tns-national-tv-ratings-april-23-26-maalaala-mo-kaya-and-pilipinas--got-talent-are-weekend-winners. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/news/34275/agb-nielsen-mega-manila-household-ratings-may-22-28-eat-bulaga-and-walang-hanggan-remain-on-top. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/news/34283/kantar-media-tns-national-household-ratings-may-22-28-walang-hanggan-continues-to-soar-kapuso-shows-. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/guide/tns/11942/kantar-media-tns-total-philippines-household-ratings-may-14-to-19-it39s-showtime-maintains-lead-over. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/guide/tns/13887/kantar-media-tns-total-philippines-household-ratings-may-10-16-2014-i-am-pogay-finale-earns-top-rati. Missing or empty
- . Lionheartv https://www.lionheartv.net/2015/06/may-28-may-31-2015/. Missing or empty
- . Lionheartv https://www.lionheartv.net/2016/06/june-11-june-12-2016-agb-nielsen/3/. Missing or empty
- https://www.lionheartv.net/2016/06/june-11-12-2016-tv-ratings/3/. Missing or empty
- . PEP.ph https://www.pep.ph/pepalerts/20748/july-16-sunday-agb-nielsen-nutam-tvacircnbspratings. Missing or empty