Parts of this article (those related to RADA Police force and Minister - 2016 ) need to be updated.August 2016)(
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|وزارة الداخلية الليبية|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Libya|
Supreme Security Committee
The Supreme Security Committee (SSC) was created by Order No. 20 of the National Transitional Council in October 2011 to provide a new revolutionary security apparatus to fill the security vacuum in the capital of Tripoli after the fall of Gadaffi. The order gave the SSC the task of providing security in the capital and charged it with the protection of state property, embassies and private property, as well as the creation of the appropriate security conditions that would contribute to the return to normal life. The Committee hired revolutionary fighters as the initial personnel.
After the formation of the transitional government the National Transitional Council transferred dependency of the Supreme Security Committee administratively and financially to the Interior Ministry. The SSC was restructured under the name of (the Supreme Security Committee temporary) and identified have a range of disciplines, and in view of what the Commission has achieved the desired goals, was authorized by the ministry to open branches in all Libyan cities to establish security in the entire country.
- Management of public affairs
- Information Security Management
- Operations Management
- Technical Affairs Department
- the Department of Legal Affairs
- Public Information Office
- Office of Inspection
- Department on behalf of the fight against drugs.
- Dept. on behalf of the fight against economic crimes.
- Dept. on behalf of illegal immigration.
- Cousins, Michael (14 December 2012). "No SSC disbandment yet PM declares". Libyan Hearld.