Kakweye Wungyi Htana
Seal of the Ministry
|Annual budget||US$2.289 billion (2013)|
|Deputy Minister responsible|
The Ministry of Defence (Burmese: ကာကွယ်ရေးဝန်ကြီးဌာန; abbreviated MoD) is a government ministry in Myanmar (Burma), responsible for the country's national security and the armed forces (the Tatmadaw). The ministry has the largest share of the national budget among all government ministries, with a budget of $2.289 billion USD in 2013. As part of the Burma Sanctions Program, the United States government prohibits its citizens from doing business with the Ministry of Defence of Myanmar or its affiliates.
- Union Minister Office
- Department of International and Internal Affairs
- Account Office
- Directorate of Procurement
- Times, The Myanmar. "Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to join government as NLD reveals cabinet". www.mmtimes.com. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Nyein Nyein (15 January 2014). "Burma Defense Ministry Puts Forward Budget Request". The Irrawaddy. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Burma Sanctions Program" (PDF). Office of Foreign Assets Control. United States Department of Treasury. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.