|Member of the Florida House of Representatives|
from the 19th district
|Preceded by||Dick Kravitz|
|Born||February 6, 1949|
Michael B. (Mike) Weinstein (born February 6, 1949) is an American politician who was a member of the Florida House of Representatives, representing District 19 which encompasses parts of Jacksonville and surrounding areas.
Weinstein was born in Livingston, New Jersey. He relocated to Florida in 1975. He earned his Bachelor's degree from Hartwick College, a M.S. from California State University, Long Beach, and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida. He later served as a prosecutor in the State Attorney's Office. He currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida with his family.
Prior to being elected Weinstein served as the CEO of the team responsible for Jacksonville's successful bid for Super Bowl XXXIX.
Weinstein was elected Representative for Florida's District 19, covering Clay, Duval, and St. John's counties, in the 2008 elections. He served as House Deputy Majority Whip from August 24, 2009 to 2010, and was reelected in the 2010 elections.
In 2012 Weinstein sought election in the Florida Senate for District 4, again accompanied by another Scott Leigh video, "The Weinstein Slide" (which discusses the general mudslinging that accompanies many campaigns, and samples the original video music).
- Representative Michael B. "Mike" Weinstein, Florida House of Representatives. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- "Representative Michael B. "Mike" Weinstein". www.myfloridahouse.gov. 2011. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- Condon, Stephanie (July 8, 2010). "Mike Weinstein's Amazing Campaign Video Goes Viral". CBS News.
- Amira, Dan (July 8, 2010). "Meet Your New Best Campaign Ad of All Time, Ever". New York Magazine.
- Weiner, Juli (July 8, 2010). "Hands-Down No. 1 Song of the Summer: "Mike Weinstein (Representing District 19)" (Trust Us)". Vanity Fair.
- Good, Chris (July 9, 2010). "The Mike Weinstein Campaign Video". The Atlantic.
- Linkins, Jason (July 8, 2010). "Mike Weinstein, Florida Representative, Treated To Insane Dance Party Ad From Son (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post.
- Jessop, Steve (July 9, 2010). "Florida State Rep Mike Weinstein Goes Viral With Cheesiest Campaign Video Ever". Mediaite.
- Video on YouTube
- http://www.electmikeweinstein.com Weinstein Campaign Website