|Born||November 9, 1976|
Kankakee, Illinois, United States
|Residence||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||256 lb (116 kg; 18.3 st)|
|Division||Heavyweight (265 lb)|
|Reach||73.0 in (185 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Alexandria, Minnesota, United States|
|Wrestling||NJCAA Division I Wrestler|
|Years active||1998, 2006–present (MMA)|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Michael Earl Russow (born November 9, 1976) is an American professional mixed martial artist currently competing in the World Series of Fighting's Heavyweight division. Having made his professional debut in 1998, Russow has also formerly competed for the UFC, Adrenaline MMA, PRIDE FC, and also participated in the Yarennoka! event in the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.
Mixed martial arts career
Russow is from Kankakee, Illinois and was a state wrestling champion in high school for the Heavyweight division. He also attended college at Eastern Illinois University and earned a degree in sociology. His first fight was in 1998.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Russow then defeated Todd Duffee via third round KO at UFC 114. Russow absorbed heavy punishment from Duffee during the course of the fight but hung on late into the third and final round. Russow then connected with a hard straight right hand, taking Duffee and the fans in attendance by surprise.
Russow faced Shawn Jordan on January 26, 2013 at UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson. Despite a strong first round, Russow lost to Jordan by TKO in the second round and was subsequently released from the promotion.
World Series of Fighting
Russow and his wife have a daughter. Russow is also a police officer in his hometown of Chicago.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- National Junior College Athletic Association
- Illinois High School Association
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|19 matches||15 wins||3 losses|
|Loss||15–3 (1)||Shawn Jordan||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson||January 26, 2013||2||3:48||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||15–2 (1)||Fabrício Werdum||TKO (punches)||UFC 147||June 23, 2012||1||2:28||Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil|
|Win||15–1 (1)||John-Olav Einemo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Evans vs. Davis||January 28, 2012||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||14–1 (1)||Jon Madsen||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis||March 26, 2011||2||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States||Stoppage due to eye injury.|
|Win||13–1 (1)||Todd Duffee||KO (punch)||UFC 114||May 29, 2010||3||2:33||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||12–1 (1)||Justin McCully||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 102||August 29, 2009||3||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||11–1 (1)||Braden Bice||Submission (north-south choke)||Adrenaline MMA 2: Miletich vs. Denny||December 11, 2008||1||1:13||Moline, Illinois, United States|
|Win||10–1 (1)||Jason Guida||Submission (guillotine choke)||Adrenaline MMA: Guida vs. Russow||June 14, 2008||1||2:13||Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States|
|Win||9–1 (1)||Roman Zentsov||Submission (north-south choke)||Yarennoka!||December 31, 2007||1||2:58||Saitama, Saitama, Japan|
|Win||8–1 (1)||Steve Campbell||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||XFO 21||December 1, 2007||2||4:32||Lakemoor, Illinois, United States|
|Win||7–1 (1)||Pat Harmon||KO (punch)||Bourbon Street Brawl 4||July 25, 2007||1||2:10||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||6–1 (1)||Demian Decorah||Submission (kimura)||XFO 18||June 30, 2007||1||2:54||Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||5–1 (1)||Scott Harper||Submission (americana)||XFO 16||May 5, 2007||1||0:32||Lakemoor, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||4–1 (1)||Sergei Kharitonov||Submission (armbar)||Pride 33||February 24, 2007||1||3:46||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–0 (1)||Steve Conkel||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Bourbon Street Brawl 2||January 24, 2007||1||1:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||3–0 (1)||Chris Harrison||Submission (americana)||XFO 14||December 9, 2006||1||1:11||Lakemoor, Illinois, United States|
|Win||2–0 (1)||Brandon Quigley||KO (punches)||Combat: Do Fighting Challenge 7||April 22, 2006||1||0:18||Cicero, Illinois, United States|
|NC||1–0 (1)||Ed Meyer||NC||Combat: Do Fighting Challenge 6||February 25, 2006||N/A||N/A||Mokena, Illinois, United States|
|Win||1–0||Nate Schroeder||Decision (unanimous)||JKD: Challenge 1||April 25, 1998||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
- "Mike Russow". UFC. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "Official Tapology Profile for Mike Russow". tapology.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Junior dos Santos out, Justin McCully in v Russow". mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "UFC 102: Mike Russow vs. Justin McCully". tapology.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "UFC 114: Mike Russow KOs Todd Duffee in Stunning Comeback". mmafighting.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Jon Madsen vs. Mike Russow likely headed to UFC Fight Night 24". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "UFC Fight Night 24 Results: Mike Russow Stops Jon Madsen After Eye Injury". sbnation.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "UFC 136: Dave Herman vs Mike Russow fight announced for Oct. 8 in Houston, Texas". mmamania.com. 2011-07-14.
- "Dave Herman says UFC 136 scratch due to failed drug test for marijuana (Updated)". mmajunkie.com. September 29, 2011. Archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- Mike Chiapetta (November 29, 2011). "John Olav Einemo Back in UFC, Likely to Face Mike Russow at UFC on FOX 2". mmafighting.com.
- "Mike Russow vs. Fabrício Werdum slated for UFC 147". mmajunkie.com. March 9, 2012. Archived from the original on March 11, 2012. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- "Mike Russow-Shawn Jordan added to UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago". mmajunkie.com. November 7, 2012. Archived from the original on November 10, 2012.
- MMAjunkie.com Staff (February 20, 2013). "UFC releases Jon Fitch, Vladimir Matyushenko, 14 others". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on February 22, 2013.
- MMAjunkie.com Staff (October 6, 2013). "UFC heavyweight vet Mike Russow signs with World Series of Fighting". mmajunkie.com.
- "Dodging Bullets". Sherdog.com. 2011-03-26. Retrieved 2011-03-26.