- For the Collingwood and North Melbourne footballer, see Mike Delanty
|Full name||Michael B. Delahunty|
|Date of birth||13 September 1952|
|Original team(s)||Monivae College / Murtoa|
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1975.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Delahunty, who grew up in Murtoa, went to Monivae College and was originally zoned to Essendon, but made his way to Collingwood. He made 12 appearances for Collingwood in 1971, his first season, including a game against Essendon in which his brother Hugh Delahunty debuted, that was drawn, as well as a semi-final. A defender, Delahunty's 1972 season ended in round nine, when he broke his leg while playing Geelong at Victoria Park. He played the first eight rounds in 1973, then was suspended for four weeks after being found guilty of striking Fitzroy captain John Murphy with his forearm, and didn't return until round 15. Collingwood were minor premiers that year, but were win-less in the finals series, which Delahunty didn't take part in. He made 11 appearances in 1974, including two finals. His four games in 1975 all came early in the season and were his last games for Collingwood. He was a member of Wimmera Football League club Murtoa's 1980 premiership team.
- The Age, "Is he a Bomber or a Magpie?", 11 March 1971, p. 10
- "1971 Player Stats". AFL Tables.
- "Essendon v Collingwood". AFL Tables.
- The Age, "Magpie has broken leg", 30 May 1972, p. 1
- "1973 Player Stats". AFL Tables.
- The Age, "Four outed for 12 matches", 29 May 1973, p. 16
- "1973 Season Scores and Results". AFL Tables.
- "1974 Player Stats". AFL Tables.
- "1975 Player Stats". AFL Tables.
- Wimmera Mail-Times, "Magpie legends to return", 22 July 2010, Roy Ward
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Mike Delahunty's playing statistics from AFL Tables