Type of site
|Launched||February 22, 2016|
Microsoft Academic is a free public web search engine for academic publications and literature, developed by Microsoft Research. Re-launched in 2016, the tool features an entirely new data structure and search engine using semantic search technologies. It currently indexes over 220 million publications, 88 million of which are journal articles. The Academic Knowledge API offers information retrieval from the underlying database using REST endpoints for advanced research purposes.
Preliminary reviews by bibliometricians suggest the new Microsoft Academic Search is a competitor to Google Scholar, Web of Science, and Scopus for academic research purposes as well as citation analysis.
- Microsoft Academic
- Microsoft. "Academic Knowledge API". Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Van Noorden, Richard (20 May 2014). "The decline and fall of Microsoft Academic Search". blogs.nature.com. Nature. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- Harzing, Anne-Wil. "Microsoft Academic (Search): a Phoenix arisen from the ashes?" (PDF). Scientometrics. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Hug, Sven E.; Braendle, Martin P. (2017). "The coverage of Microsoft Academic: Analyzing the publication output of a university". Scientometrics. 113 (3): 1551���1571. arXiv:1703.05539. Bibcode:2017arXiv170305539H. doi:10.1007/s11192-017-2535-3.
- Harzing, Anne-Wil; Alakangas, Satu. "Microsoft Academic: is the Phoenix getting wings ?" (PDF). Scientometrics. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Hug, Sven E.; Ochsner, Michael; Braendle, Martin P. (2017). "Citation analysis with Microsoft Academic". Scientometrics. 111: 371–378. arXiv:1609.05354. doi:10.1007/s11192-017-2247-8.
- Haunschild, Robin; Hug, Sven E.; Braendle, Martin P.; Bornmann, Lutz (2017). "The number of linked references of publications in Microsoft Academic in comparison with the Web of Science". Scientometrics. 114: 367–370. arXiv:1710.04031. Bibcode:2017arXiv171004031H. doi:10.1007/s11192-017-2567-8.
|Wikidata has the property:|
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|