Mike Coward studied geology at Imperial College London. He was H. H. Read Professor of Geology at Imperial College, Council Member of the Geological Society of London, and Chair of the UK Tectonic Studies Group. He received The Murchison Fund award in 1980.
In his honour the Geological Society published Deformation of the Continental Crust: The Legacy of Mike Coward in 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2015-05-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The Geological Society". geolsoc.org.uk. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Mike Coward (1945-2003)". Tectonic Studies Group. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Deformation of the Continental Crust: The Legacy of Mike Coward" (PDF). Lyell Collection. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- Continental Tectonics: A Discussion Meeting in memory and celebration of the life and work of Mike Coward
- Mike Coward Prize
|This biographical article about a British geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|