This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Metropolitan City of Reggio Calabria
Location of the Metropolitan City of Reggio Calabria
|Established||1 January 2017|
|Capital(s)||Reggio di Calabria|
|• Metropolitan Mayor||Giuseppe Falcomatà|
|• Total||3,183 km2 (1,229 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The Metropolitan City of Reggio Calabria (Italian: Città Metropolitana di Reggio Calabria) is a metropolitan city in the Calabria region of southern Italy. Its capital is Reggio di Calabria. It replaced the Province of Reggio Calabria in 2017.
The Aspromonte massif dominates the western part, and with its long coastline, the metropolitan city is a popular tourist destination during the summer.
The Metropolitan City is headed by the Metropolitan Mayor (Sindaco metropolitano) and the Metropolitan Council (Consiglio metropolitano).
List of Metropolitan Mayors of Reggio Calabria
|Metropolitan Mayor||Term start||Term end||Party|
|1||Giuseppe Falcomatà||2 February 2017||Incumbent||Democratic Party|
- "Codici delle città metropolitane al 1° gennaio 2017". www.istat.it (in Italian). 23 December 2016.
- OECD (2015-02-20). Governing the Metropolitan City of Venice. OECD Publishing. ISBN 9789264223592.
- (in Italian) Province of Reggio Calabria official website
- (in Italian) Città di Reggio Calabria official website
- Information on Southern Italy Naples, Italy, Consulate General of the United States. (Includes links to relevant official websites, Italian and American, including area governments, colleges and universities, cultural, travel and tourism sites related to the region.)
|This Calabrian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|