|Born:||April 22, 1941|
Sarrail, Alberta, Canada
Metro Gerela is a Canadian soccer coach and former professional soccer player.
In 1953, during the first Vancouver Sun Tournament of Champions (Youth Provincial Cup Competition Finals) played in Callister Park, Gerela (Powell River) was chosen to be the first "Sun Soccer Boy".
Gerela was head coach of the Capilano College Blues women's soccer team from 1992 to 1994. He held the position of technical director at the Wesburn youth soccer club in 2004. He was the coach of the Croatia Sports Club soccer team in the Vancouver Metro Soccer League's Premier division.
- Fryatt, Dave (2002). "THE PCSL - When did soccer have its beginnings in British Columbia?". pcsl.org. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Metro Gerela". capilanou.ca. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Mackin, Bob (17 September 2003). "Girls Got Game". Vancouver Courier. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Berridge, Tom (31 March 2007). "Croatia can clinch berth Saturday". burnabynow.com. Retrieved 16 July 2011.[permanent dead link]
-  Honouring the 1979 NASL champion Vancouver Whitecaps
- "Montreal Allouettes all-time roster (alphabetical)" (PDF). Montreal Alouettes. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Fleming, Andrew (16 February 2011). "Dogged pursuit pays off". burnabynow.com. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
|This biographical article relating to Canadian soccer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|