|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||Greater Anglia|
|Number of platforms||3|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|3 June 2019||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Meridian Water railway station is on the Lea Valley Lines in Edmonton in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It opened on 3 June 2019. The station is approximately 580 metres (630 yd) south of the closed Angel Road railway station, which Meridian Water has replaced.
The new station has three platforms but passive provision for four has been made; the built platforms are numbered 2–4. Platform 1 remains unbuilt with no track laid, but space has been allowed for when required in the future. It is expected 4 million people will use the station annually. There are steps and lifts giving access to Meridian Way immediately to the east; there is also access to the west, which is to be the location of new housing in the Meridian Water development.
In August 2019, it was announced that funding had been approved for construction of a fourth platform and a new section of track between Tottenham Hale and Meridian Water to enable up to 8 trains per hour to serve the station at peak times.
All services at Meridian Water are operated by Greater Anglia.
Upon opening, the service pattern was peak hours only, similar to the service level of the former Angel Road station. The first service departed for London Liverpool Street on Monday, 3 June 2019 at 05:57.
As of 9 September 2019, the station is served by a half-hourly shuttle service to Stratford, calling at Northumberland Park, Tottenham Hale and Lea Bridge which terminates at Meridian Water. Additional trains to and from Hertford East and Bishops Stortford call at Meridian Water during peak periods. There is also one train per day in each direction to London Liverpool Street.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Northumberland Park||Greater Anglia
West Anglia Main Line
|Terminus or Brimsdown|
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
- "Angel road station closure" (PDF). assets.publishing.service.gov.uk.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "National Rail Enquiries - Station facilities for Meridian Water".
- "Angel Road rail station closure: May 2019".
- "Work begins on new Meridian Water railway station as Enfield Council's £6bn regeneration continues to progress".
- Enfield regeneration scheme gets £156m funding boost Enfield Independent: 19 August 2019
- "Electronic national rail timetable". Retrieved 3 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meridian Water railway station.|