|IAAF World Half Marathon Championships|
|1992 South Shields||Half marathon|
|1992 South Shields||Team|
Her first international competition came at the 1991 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, where she came 61st in the women's senior race. She set track bests the following year, running 32:03.78 minutes in Kobe (ranking in the top 30 for the year) then a time of 68:07.6 minutes for the 20,000 m track distance, placing her in the top ten all-time women for the infrequently competed event.
Her greatest achievement followed that September when she ran at the 1992 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships and claimed the silver medal behind home favourite Liz McColgan, recording a lifetime best of 69:21 minutes for the event. The Japanese women's team including Miyoko Asahina and Eriko Asai were easily the champions, with their combined time being over two minutes faster than the British. As of 2014, this remains the only time that Japanese women have won that title.
- IAAF World Cross Country Championships 6.4km CC Women Antwerpen Linkerover Date: Sunday, March 24, 1991 . AthChamps (2007-09-08). Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Megumi Fujiwara. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- All-Time Performances- 20,000 meters Outdoor Track. Association of Road Racing Statisticians (2009-06-23). Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- IAAF WORLD HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIPS - KAVARNA 2012 - FACTS & FIGURES - Incorporating the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships (1992-2005/2008-2010) & the IAAF World Road Running Championships 2006/2007. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- IAAF WORLD HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIPS. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- All-Time Performances- 20 kilometers Road. ARRS (2014-08-21). Retrieved on 2014-10-20.