11 September 1956
|Died||17 April 2000 (aged 43)|
Megan Williams (11 September 1956 – 17 April 2000) was an Australian actress and singer, who played a continuing role as Alice Sullivan in the television drama The Sullivans, and won a Logie Award for her work in Anzacs (1985).
Williams was born in London, England to David and Chin Yu Williams who appeared in a West End production of South Pacific. At six months old, Williams had a minor TV role as an abandoned baby on The Adventures of Robin Hood. Williams' family moved to Sydney, Australia where she pursued an acting career.
Williams' first major role was as an ongoing lead, Ann Watson, in the daily soap opera Class of '74 (1974). The long running role of Alice Watkins Sullivan in The Sullivans (1976–1983) followed. A guest role as Carol Canning in The Outsiders (1976) episode 10 "Charlie Cole Esq." (broadcast 1977) had her appearing in a bikini. After The Sullivans ended she continued to act on Australian television, with a guest role in ABC drama-musical series Sweet and Sour (1984), a Logie Award winning role as Kate Baker in the miniseries Anzacs (1985), and an ongoing role of Cassie Jones in Return to Eden (1986). In the late 1980s she worked in the UK, appearing in one episode of British soap opera EastEnders (1989). Williams had a minor role in the movie Nightmare Man (1999). Williams also appeared in an Australian production of "Cats" as Grizzabella. She also appeared in the Australian comedy series All Together Now, which starred the late Jon English, as an electrician called Julie in the episode titled: I've Got to Be Me (Season 3 - Episode 3)
Megan Williams also appeared in the Film Clip of "The Queen and Me" with Mondo Rock (1982). Williams provided backing vocals for "Flame Trees" on Cold Chisel's Twentieth Century (1984). John Prior (drummer with Matt Finish) wrote songs for Williams in the mid-1980s.
Williams was instrumental in bringing Pilates to Australia, as she was doing exercise/rehab for Sydney Ballet and others. She was one of the first certified instructor trainers in the country.
- "The 28th Annual TV Week Logie Awards (1986)". Archived from the original on 2 February 2009. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Megan Williams - Australian actor best known for her role as Alice Sullivan in The Sullivans". Classic Aussie Soaps. Archived from the original on 12 April 2009. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Who was who at Waratah High". Sydney Morning Herald. 29 March 2004. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Class act". Sydney Morning Herald. 29 March 2004. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Outsiders eps". Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Megan Williams (I) Awards". IMDb. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- "Matt Finish resurrected". Hotsource: Wendy Lloyd Curley & Susan Stanbridge. 30 November 2006. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
|This article about an Australian television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|