|Born||1984 (age 36–37)|
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
|Education||School of American Ballet|
|Current group||New York City Ballet|
Fairchild was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and began her dance training at the age of four, studying with Judy Levitre and Kaelynne Oliphant at Dance Concepts in Sandy, Utah, and at the Ballet West Conservatory in Salt Lake City with Sharee Lane, Deborah Dobson, and Maureen Laird. While at the Ballet West Conservatory, Ms. Fairchild was also a Ballet West trainee. Ms. Fairchild entered the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, in the fall of 2000.
In November 2001, Ms. Fairchild joined the New York City Ballet as an apprentice, and in October 2002 she joined the Company became a member of the corps de ballet. Ms. Fairchild was promoted to the rank of soloist in February 2004, and in January 2005, she was promoted to principal dancer.
In 2011, she danced the role of Sugar Plum Fairy in a telecast of The Nutcracker.
Fairchild made her Broadway stage debut playing the role of Ivy Smith in the 2014 revival of On the Town, which opened on October 16, 2014 at the Lyric Theatre. She received the 2015 Theatre World Award for her performance. She is currently a Teaching Fellow with the School of American Ballet.
- Apollo (Calliope)
- Ballo della Regina
- Coppélia (Swanilda)
- "Emeralds" and "Rubies" from Jewels
- The Nutcracker (Sugarplum Fairy, Dewdrop, Marzipan, Dolls)
- Harlequinade (Pierrette)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Butterfly, Divertissement)
- Raymonda Variations
- Symphony in C (First Movement, Third Movement)
- Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux
- Theme and Variations
- La Sylphide (The Sylph)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Aurora, Ruby, Princess Florine)
- Swan Lake (Odette/Odile, Pas de Trois, Pas de Quatre, Neapolitan)
Robert La Fosse: Land of Nod (Natalie) Peter Martins: Bal de Couture, Naïve and Sentimental Music Angelin Preljocaj: Spectral Evidence Alexei Ratmansky: Namouna, A Grand Divertissement, Voices Susan Stroman: "The Blue Necklace" from Double Feature (Florence) Christopher Wheeldon: Shambards
Awards and nominations
|2001||Mae L. Wien Award||Outstanding Promise||Won|
|2015||Outer Critics Circle Award||Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical||On The Town||Nominated|
|Theatre World Award||Won|
|Astaire Award||Best Female Dancer||Won|
- "Megan Fairchild". New York City Ballet. April 17, 2020.
- Kourlas, Gia (October 16, 2016). "Robert Fairchild Says Goodbye to City Ballet With Balanchine and Roses". New York Times.
- Henry, Sally. "BWW Interview: Robbie and Megan Fairchild Talk Awards Season, Broadway vs. Ballet, and More!". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- Kaufman, Joanne (March 20, 2015). "Megan Fairchild, Ballet Dancer, at Home in Westchester". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- Pogrebin, Robin (January 1, 2018). "Peter Martins Retires From New York City Ballet After Misconduct Allegations". New York Times.
- Fairchild, Megan (April 14, 2020). "A Dancer's Quarantine Diary: Coming Full Circle". New York times.
- "Megan Fairchild On C-Section Guilt, Perfectionism & Returning To The Stage". May 3, 2019. Retrieved April 15, 2020.
- "Megan Fairchild, the Swan With the Screwball Spark". New York Times. September 22, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2020.