This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: wikipedians and readers have a right to expect more neutral, cited reporting about a journalism organization when the reporting is obviously partly being written by journalists from that very organization. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Key people||Dan Abrams, Founder/Publisher|
Aidan McLaughlin, Managing Editor
Josh Feldman, Senior Editor
Joe DePaolo, Senior Editor
|Alexa rank||5,313 (August 2016[update])|
Mediaite is a digital news site that covers political news through the eyes of mainstream media. Part of the Abrams Media Network and founded by Dan Abrams, Mediaite covers breaking news, offers opinions, and analysis across the political spectrum including reporting on top media moments from cable news channels like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, and more.
Mediaite launched in July 2009.
By early 2010, Mediaite launched a more aggressive strategy for covering cable news segments, which became the progenitor for many media and political websites today.
For the month of January 2017, Dan Abrams revealed that Mediaite reached 11.86 million unique visitors.
Digital News Alliance
In June 2019, Mediaite, along with sister site Law&Crime, left leaning RawStory and AlterNet, and conservative sites The Daily Caller and Washington Free Beacon announced that they formed a coalition of political news sites to offer marketers custom advertising packages that are aimed at readers interested in politics. The Alliance aims to "bring some of the ad dollars now being directed at the tech behemoths back to midsized political publishers", according to Andrew Eisbrouch, COO.
Mediaite’s Most Influential In News Media
Every December, Mediaite publishes a list of the 75 most influential people in news media—compiled by all of the Mediaite editors. The publication of the list culminates in a party hosted by the site and attended by many top cable anchors and correspondents. The list is in its 4th year.
Mediaite's Most Influential - 2015
Mediaite's Most Influential - 2016
Mediaite's Most Influential - 2017
Mediaite's Most Influential - 2018
- "mediaite.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- "MediaiTe.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Mediaite Founder Dan Abrams Credits Trump With Traffic 'Explosion'". TheWrap. 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- Perks, Ashley (2017-02-22). "Joe Concha". TheHill. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- Magazine, Vanity Fair. "Tina Nguyen". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- Alpert, Lukas I. "Political-News Sites Forge Ad Group to Compete With Facebook and Google". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- "Mediaite's 25 Most Influential in Political News Media 2015". Mediaite. 2015-12-29. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Mediaite's 2016 Most Influential in News Media". Mediaite. 2016-12-07. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Most Influential In News Media 2017". Mediaite. 2017-12-20. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Mediaite's Most Influential in News Media 2018". Mediaite. 2018-12-06. Retrieved 2019-05-13.