|Meadowdale High School|
3873 Whitestone Ct.
|School type||Public Secondary School|
|School board||Dayton Public Schools|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.32|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Dayton City League|
|Website||Meadowdale High School Website|
Meadowdale High School is part of Dayton City Schools. Located in Harrison Township, near Dayton, Ohio, United States, it serves approximately 1000 students. The school mascot is the lion. The theme for Meadowdale is Cultural Studies. Meadowdale also has the International Baccalaureate program.
The high school component of the "Cultural Studies" theme is the International Baccalaureate Program. This program is an honors advanced studies program through which students may earn up to one year of credit or instructional equivalence at colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.
In addition to the specialized International Baccalaureate curriculum, Meadowdale High School students are provided with many opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes that will make them effective citizens in an interconnected world. Students are provided rigorous preparation for future study and potential careers in a variety of international fields. Through emphasis on language, social studies and the humanities, students learn to appreciate the importance of interaction among other nations and cultures.
Meadowdale did not meet any of the 12 state indicators for the 2007–2008 school year remaining in "Academic Watch" rating. .
Clubs and activities
- Tonja Buford-Bailey, USA Track & Field athlete
- Irv Eatman, USFL, NFL, UCLA tackle
- Melissa Fay Greene, author
- Andy McCullough, Arena Football League wide receiver
- Stephen Nichols, actor, General Hospital and more
- Mike Pratt, University of Kentucky basketball
- Peerless Price, National Football League wide receiver
- Derrick Shepard, professional football player and coach
- Rick Smith, Houston Texans general manager
- Sheldon White, National Football League cornerback
- Steve Yeager (born 1948), Los Angeles Dodgers catcher
- "Meadowdale High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 10, 2020.
- "2007 Report Card" (PDF). ode.state.oh.us/reportcard. Ohio Department of Education. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-06-10.
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org – June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org – July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
|This Montgomery County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|