|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5 door hatchback|
|Related||Mazda Demio/Mazda2 (DJ)|
|Engine||92 cu in (1.5 L) SkyActiv-D turbodiesel I4|
|Wheelbase||101.8 in (2,585 mm)|
|Length||160.2 in (4,070 mm)|
|Width||68.1 in (1,730 mm)|
|Height||57.1 in (1,450 mm)|
The Mazda Hazumi is a concept car created by Mazda to show the public a possible design for the 2015 Mazda Demio/Mazda2. It debuted at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. The concept is lower and larger than the Mazda 2. The ultra-futuristic interior probably won't make it production. The production version will rival the Hyundai i20, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevrolet Sonic, and the Ford Fiesta. The price of the Mazda 2 is estimated at under $20k.
The manufacturer says that they designed the car "to look as if it is literally bursting with energy." They revealed that the name Hazumi means "to bound or spring up."
AutoWeek says taking away the show room interior, heavy looking wheels and centered twin exhaust pipes and you would have a close to production look.
The Hazumi uses the Kodo (Soul of Motion) design theme. It has large 18 in alloy wheels. The Hazumi's lopsided trapezoidal shaped screen displays Mazda's infotainment system, MZD. The driver will get access to Internet radio, social media platforms, text messaging, and more. A heads up display (HUD) probably won't be included to keep costs down. The 4 bucket seats won't be included either.
The engine is a 1.5L SkyActiv-D Turbo diesel I4. Mazda actually underestimated the engine's fuel consumption. They estimated 6.4L per 100 km while the actual fuel economy is 3.5L per 100 km. The emission figures are 90g of CO2 emitted per km. The 6 speed automatic transmission has also helped boost the Hazumi's fuel economy.
- Stoklosa, Alexzander (March 2014). "Mazda Hazumi Concept Photos and Info". CarandDriver. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Pulman, Ben (4 March 2014). "Mazda Hazumi concept (2014) first official pictures". Car. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Horncastle, Rowan (5 March 2014). "This is the new Mazda 2. Really". TopGear. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Hellwig, Ed (4 March 2014). "2014 Geneva Auto Show: Mazda Hazumi Concept (FAQ)". Edmunds.org. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Hagon, Toby (4 March 2014). "Mazda Hazumi previews new Mazda2". Drive.au. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Rong Z., Blake (3 March 2014). "Mazda 2 previewed with the Hazumi concept at the Geneva Auto Show". AutoWeek. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Youngs, Jeff (25 July 2014). "2016 Mazda 2 Adds Style, Sophistication To Subcompact Car Class". J.D. Power. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Campbell, Matt (4 March 2014). "Mazda Hazumi concept revealed". CarAdvice. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Wolfcale, James (4 March 2014). "This gorgeous concept is probably the next Mazda 2". Road&Track. Archived from the original on 23 July 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2014.