|Mayor of the Town|
|Created by||Jean Holloway|
|Written by||Jean Holloway|
|Directed by||John Rawlins|
|Starring||Thomas Mitchell |
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Executive producer(s)||Jack J. Gross |
Philip N. Krasne
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gross-Krasne Productions|
|Original network||First-run syndication|
Mayor of the Town was based on the popular radio series of the same name. The program ran from 1942 until 1949. The program was broadcast originally on CBS and later on NBC. Lionel Barrymore and Agnes Moorehead starred in the program. Barrymore played the title role of the mayor and Moorehead played the role as his housekeeper Marilly.
In 1954, writer Jean Holloway created a televised version of the radio program. The series, also entitled Mayor of the Town, premiered in November 1954.
The series took place in the fictional small American town of Springdale. The series mainly focuses around the mayoral and personal life of Mayor Thomas Russell, (played by Thomas Mitchell). Mayor Russell was noted the "busybody mayor of the town". The series co-starred Kathleen Freeman as Mayor Russell's housekeeper Marilly.
- Thomas Mitchell as Mayor Thomas Russell
- Kathleen Freeman as Marilly
- Jean Byron as Minnie
- Tudor Owen as Joe Ainsley
- "Mayor of the Town (1954-1955)". www.imdb.com. Retrieved November 25, 2014.
- "My old time radio shows - Mayor of the Town". www.myoldradio.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Mayor of the Town (ended 1955)". www.tv.com. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Mayor of the Town 1954, TV show". www.tvguide.com. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "CTVA US Drama series - Mayor of the Town". ctva.biz. Retrieved November 29, 2014.