|Type||Public, 2 year|
|President||Dr. Sherry Zylka|
|Colors||Navy █ and Gold █|
|Affiliations||Kentucky Community and Technical College System|
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC), with its headquarters in Prestonsburg, Kentucky, is one of 16 two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). It was created in 2003 from the consolidation of Prestonsburg Community College and Mayo Technical College. BSCTC maintains four campus locations: Prestonsburg Campus (formerly Prestonsburg Community College) in Prestonsburg; Mayo Campus (formerly Mayo Technical College) in Paintsville; Pikeville Campus in Pikeville; and Hager Hill Campus in Hager Hill.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The university has partnered with other universities to expand educational outreach. It is currently parenting with Verizon to expand youth interest in STEM fields.
The primary service area of BSCTC includes the following counties:
Notes and references
- Our College at a Glance Big Sandy Community and Technical College. Retrieved on 2014-05-27
- "Morehead State University :: MSU Prestonsburg holds Celebration of Student Scholarship". www.moreheadstate.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- McCauley, Cory. "BSCTC creates new partnership with Bellevue University". Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- McCauley, Cory. "BSCTC, Verizon partnering for summer program teaching STEM courses to girls". Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College Home Page
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System Home Page
- Eastern Kentucky Science Center
|This article about a university or college in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|