|Full name||Matthew Bell|
|Born||30 August 1981|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||107 kg (16 st 12 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Lock, Prop|
As of 31 January 2019
Matthew Bell (born 30 August 1981 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played in the 2000s and 2010s. Bell primarily played in the second row, but most of his appearances were started from the bench.
Bell played his junior football for Brothers St. Brendan's JRLFC and previously played for Souths Logan Magpies in the Queensland Cup. He made his NRL debut in round 11 of the 2006 season against the Parramatta Eels at CUA Stadium.
Having played over a hundred games in his 6 years with the Panthers, Bell signed a one-year contract to join the Wests Tigers in 2012.
In 2013, Bell played the first 6 games of the season, before suffering a right hand tendon injury at a training session, returning to first-grade near the end of the season.
- "Blair on the move to Tigers". Sydney Morning Herald. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- Ian McCullough (10 April 2012). "Bell to replace Heighington at Tigers". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Final teams: Tigers v Panthers". nrl.com. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Wests Tigers injury update ahead of Round 8". League Unlimited. 29 April 2013. Archived from the original on 14 August 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- Kevin Braysher (25 November 2013). "Intrust Super Cup Gains & Losses: Burleigh Bears". qrl.com.au. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.