|17th Lieutenant Governor of Oklahoma|
|Assumed office |
January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Todd Lamb|
|Oklahoma Secretary of Tourism and Branding|
|Assumed office |
January 18, 2019
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Chair of the Oklahoma Republican Party|
June 26, 2010 – April 20, 2013
|Preceded by||Gary Jones|
|Succeeded by||Dave Weston|
|Born||August 15, 1979|
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Oral Roberts University (BA)|
Matt Pinnell (born August 15, 1979) is an American politician. He is the 17th lieutenant governor of Oklahoma, since 2019. Pinnell is also serving as the first Oklahoma Secretary of Tourism & Branding.
Early life and career
Pinnell graduated from Metro Christian Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Oral Roberts University. He served as chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party from 2010 to 2013. He then worked for the Republican National Committee as the National State Party Director. Pinnell also worked on a campaign for former Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt.
Lieutenant Governor of Oklahoma
On April 20, 2017, Pinnell announced his candidacy for the office of lieutenant governor in the 2018 lieutenant gubernatorial elections. On June 26, 2018, Pinnell finished in the top two in the Republican primary election, and he and Dana Murphy advanced to a runoff election, in which Pinnell defeated Murphy. Pinnell defeated Democratic candidate Anastasia Pittman in the lieutenant gubernatorial election on November 6. Pinnell was sworn in on January 14, 2019.
On January 18, 2019, Governor Kevin Stitt selected Pinnell to serve as the first Oklahoma Secretary of Tourism and Branding, wherein he oversees the Oklahoma Department of Tourism and Recreation. Stitt separated the departments of Tourism and Commerce to be their own stand-alone agencies.
- "Oklahoma Republicans elect new leaders". Newsok.com. April 21, 213. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Scavelli, Melissa (January 24, 2019). "Governor Kevin Stitt releases his first executive orders". KOKH. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- "Stitt names Matt Pinnell as Secretary of Tourism". Tulsa Beacon. January 24, 2019. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Morris, Brad. "Young with heart". TulsaPeople Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Trump job speculation now includes former Oklahoma Republican party chairman". Newsok.com. November 14, 2016. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Young Republican Matt Pinnell presides over Oklahoma party's growth". Newsok.com. August 27, 2012. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Baron, Cydney. "'Mr. Fix It' vying for Lt. Governor seat". Claremore Daily Progress. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Pinnell wins GOP nomination for lieutenant governor". Newsok.com. August 28, 2018. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Matt Pinnell For Lt. Governor". Matt Pinnell for Lieutenant Governor. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- "Murphy, Pinnell headed to runoff in lieutenant governor's race". Newsok.com. June 27, 2018. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Ellis, Ashley (November 6, 2018). "Republican Matt Pinnell to be Oklahoma's Lieutenant Governor". KTUL. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Krehbiel, Randy Krehbiel. "Kevin Stitt sworn in as Oklahoma's 28th governor Monday". Tulsa World. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Lieutenant Governor Matt Pinnell - Home". www.ok.gov. Retrieved December 30, 2019.
- Barbara Hoberock. "Stitt taps Lt. Gov. Matt Pinnell as secretary for Tourism and Branding". Tulsa World. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
| Lieutenant Governor of Oklahoma
|This article about an Oklahoma politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|