This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Massacre in the Black Forest|
|Music by||Carlo Savina|
|Cinematography||Lucky Satson |
|Edited by||Otello Colangeli|
Massacre in the Black Forest (German: Hermann der Cherusker – Die Schlacht im Teutoburger Wald) is a 1967 historical drama film set on the northeast frontier of the Roman Empire facing the area of Germania in A.D. 9. The film centers on Arminius, a chieftain of the Cherusci Germanic tribe (in what is now Lower Saxony), who drew three Roman legions into an ambush in the Teutoburg Forest, known as the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
The film was released in 1967.
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 115.
- List of historical drama films
- List of films set in ancient Rome
- List of German films: 1960s
- Battle of the Teutoburg Forest
- Stefan Noack: "Gebt mir meine Millionen wieder!" Der Spielfilm "Hermann der Cherusker" als Beispiel einer multinationalen Varusschlacht-Adaption in den 1960er u. 1970er Jahren, Berlin 2012. 
- Massacre in the Black Forest on IMDb
- Trailer on YouTube 
|This article related to a German film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|