|Mary of Burgundy|
|Duchess consort of Savoy|
|Died||1428 (aged 41–42)|
Chateau of Thonon les Bains
|Spouse||Amadeus VIII of Savoy|
|Issue||Margaret of Savoy|
Anthony of Savoy
Anthony of Savoy
Margaret, Countess Palatine of the Rhine
Marie, Duchess of Milan
Amadeus of Savoy, Prince of Piemonte
Louis of Savoy
Bonne of Savoy
Philip of Savoy, Count of Genève
|House||House of Valois-Burgundy|
House of Savoy
|Father||Philip the Bold|
|Mother||Margaret III, Countess of Flanders|
Philip of Savoy had made alliances with low county Bavarians, by marrying John to Margaret of Bavaria. Philip also made links with the Dukes of Austria and of Savoy, by marrying Catherine to Leopold IV of Austria, and Mary to Amadeus VIII Savoy, son of Amadeus VII, Count of Savoy and Bonne of Berry. Their marriage was contracted 11 November 1386 in Sluis, Zeeland; married by proxy 30 October 1393 in Chalon-sur-Saône; in person at Arras May 1401.
Mary and Amadeus had nine children, with further descendants:
- Margaret of Savoy (13 May 1405 – 1418).
- Anthony of Savoy (September 1407 – bef. 12 December 1407).
- Anthony of Savoy (1408 – aft. 10 October 1408).
- Marie of Savoy (end January 1411 – 22 February 1469), married Filippo Maria Visconti, duke of Milan.
- Amadeus of Savoy (26 Mar 1412 – 17 August 1431), Prince of Piemonte.
- Louis of Savoy (24 February 1413 – 29 January 1465), his successor.
- Bonne of Savoy (September 1415 – 25 September 1430).
- Philip of Savoy (1417 – 3 March 1444), Count of Genève.
- Margaret of Savoy (7 August 1420 – 30 September 1479), married firstly Louis III, titular king of Naples, secondly Louis IV, Count Palatine of the Rhine and thirdly Ulrich V, Count of Württemberg.
|Ancestors of Mary of Burgundy, Duchess of Savoy|
- Richard Vaughan, Philip the Bold: The Formation of the Burgundian State, (The Boydell Press, 2005), 53.
- Richard Vaughan, Philip the Bold: The Formation of the Burgundian State, 82.
- BURGUNDY, Medieval Lands
- de Sousa, Antonio Caetano (1735). Historia genealogica da casa real portugueza (in Portuguese). Lisbon: Lisboa Occidental. p. 147.
- Suckale, Robert; Crossley, Paul (2005). Prague: The Crown of Bohemia, 1347-1437. Metropolitan Museum of Art. p. 16. ISBN 9781588391612. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
Bonne of Berry
| Duchess of Savoy
Anne of Cyprus