This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Marvel Comics Presents|
|Schedule||(vol. 1): Biweekly|
(vol. 1): Monthly
|Publication date||(vol. 1)|
September 1988 – March 1995
September 2007 – August 2008
|No. of issues||(vol. 1): 175|
(vol. 2): 12
|Main character(s)||(vol. 1)|
Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Weapon X, Shang-Chi, Cyclops
Vanguard, Weapon Omega
|Written by||(vol. 1)|
John Buscema, Tom Sutton, Tom Grindberg, Dave Cockrum, Al Milgrom, Ron Lim, Rick Leonardi, Rich Buckler, Paul Gulacy, Erik Larsen, Javier Saltares, Mark Texeira, Kelley Jones, Barry Windsor-Smith, Sam Kieth, Steve Lightle, Dwayne Turner
Dave Wilkins, Stuart Immonen, Clayton Henry, Khoi Pham, Mico Suayan, Andrea DiVito, Staz Johnson, Ed McGuinness, Lee Weeks, Marco Checchetto
|Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 1||ISBN 0785118268|
|Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 2||ISBN 0785118837|
|Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 3||ISBN 0785120653|
|Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 4||ISBN 0785120661|
|Wolverine: Weapon X||ISBN 078512327X|
|Marvel Comics Presents: Weapon Omega||ISBN 0785134158|
Marvel Comics Presents was an American comic book anthology series published by Marvel Comics originally from 1988 to 1995. It returned for a second volume in 2007–2008, and a third volume that started in 2019.
The first volume was released on a biweekly basis and lasted for 175 issues. Each issue had four eight-page stories, of which generally two were episodes in ongoing serials and two were one-episode stories. The one-episode stories generally featured obscure or little-seen characters from the Marvel universe, and often featured work by creators previously unpublished in the comics field, including Scott Lobdell (later X-Men writer) who started work under the editorship of Tom DeFalco.
The original plan was for the lead story to feature different members of the X-Men in solo adventures lasting between eight and ten episodes. The first ten issues featured Wolverine; others featured were Colossus, Cyclops, Havok, and Excalibur. From issue 39 onwards, Wolverine was featured in the series until issue #142, when the character was phased out of the series. Particularly notable was "Weapon X" in issues #72–84, which revealed Wolverine's origin, with story and art by Barry Windsor-Smith.
Later Ghost Rider was added to the series as "co-lead" feature, and the book adopted a "flip-book" format, thereby allowing each of the two characters cover billing. Eventually other characters, such as Man-Thing and Lunatik, got cover billing.
Several of the Wolverine storylines have since been collected and reprinted in trade paperback format. The first volume features Wolverine's first adventures in Madripoor, a fictional island that became Wolverine's second home during the late 1980s, as well as the "introduction" of Tyger Tiger.
Other notable highlights include the first appearance of Cyber (Issue 85, by Peter David and Sam Kieth), the first appearance of Damage Control (Issue 19), a Looney Tunes Spoof featuring Excalibur (issues 31- 38), a wrestling match between Hulk and a Hulk Hogan facsimile (issue 45), and the first appearance of Nth Man: The Ultimate Ninja (Issue 25).
In 2007 the anthology series returned, also including work by creators previously unpublished in the comics field. The series' editors were Warren Simons, Nick Lowe, Andy Schmidt, and John Barber. The series hosted two 12-part stories (The Vanguard super-team and Weapon Omega) and a host of short single to five-part stories involving a variety of characters within the Marvel Universe. The series was cancelled with issue 12.
In 2019 the anthology series returned.
- Marvel Comics Presents vol. 1 #1–175
- Marvel Comics Presents vol. 2 #1–12
- Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine vol. 1 (vol. 1 #1–10)
- Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus vol. 4 (vol. 1 #1–8)
- Colossus: God's Country (vol. 1 #10–17)
- Black Panther: Panther's Quest (vol. 1 #13–37)
- Speedball Classic (vol. 1 #14, 56)
- Cyclops: Retribution (vol. 1 #17–24)
- The Sensational She-Hulk by John Byrne (vol. 1 #18)
- Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn (vol. 1 #31–38)
- Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine vol. 2 (vol. 1 #39–50)
- Hercules: Full Circle (vol. 1 #39-41)
- Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Thanos Quest (vol. 1 #50)
- Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine vol. 3 (vol. 1 #51–61)
- Avengers: Scarlet Witch (vol. 1 #60-63, 143-144)
- Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine vol. 4 (vol. 1 #62–71)
- Wolverine and Ghost Rider in Acts of Vengeance (vol. 1 #64–70)
- Silver Surfer Epic Collection: The Infinity Gauntlet (vol. 1 #69, 93–97)
- Wolverine: Weapon X (vol. 1 #72–84)
- Excalibur Epic Collection: Girl's School From Heck (vol. 1 #75)
- X-Men Origins: Firestar (vol. 1 82-87)
- Wolverine: Blood Hungry (vol. 1 #85–92)
- Wolverine: Prehistory (vol. 1 #93–98)
- Infinity War (vol. 1 108-111)
- Wolverine: Typhoid's Kiss (vol. 1 #109–116)
- Daredevil: Typhoid's Kiss (vol. 1 #109–116,123–130, 150–151)
- Iron Fist: Book of Changes (vol. 1 #111, 113–118, 125–137, 140–141)
- Wolverine vs. the Marvel Universe (vol. 1 #117–122)
- Avengers: Hawkeye - Earth's Mightiest Marksman (vol. 1 159-161)
- War Machine/The Invincible Iron Man: Hands of the Mandarin (vol. 1 169-172)
- Patsy Walker: Hellcat (vol. 2 #1–4)
- Marvel Comics Presents: Weapon Omega (vol. 2 #1–12)
- "Marvel Comics Presents Anthology Relaunching in 2019". Comic Book Resources. October 4, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Marvel Comics Presents (vol. 1) at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- Marvel Comics Presents (vol. 2) at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)