Southbound view in December 2005
|Location||Marshalltown Road, Marshall|
|Distance||79.60 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Tracks||1 (plus run-around loop)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 4|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||14 July 1879|
|Closed||22 July 1958|
|Rebuilt||26 April 2004|
Marshall railway station is located on the Port Fairy line in Victoria, Australia, and serves the southern Geelong suburb of Marshall. The station was called Connewarre when it opened on 14 July 1879, and was renamed Marshall on 1 April 1907. The original station closed on 22 July 1958, and has since been demolished.
During the 2002 Victorian State Election, the State Government proposed a station to serve the rapidly expanding southernmost suburbs of Geelong. During the planning stages, the station was named Grovedale. In December 2003 it was announced that the new station would be built adjacent to the Marshalltown Road level crossing, on the site of the former Marshall station. Following a naming competition, it was revealed in September 2004 that the new station would be called Marshall.
The new Marshall station opened to passenger traffic on 26 April 2004, and was initially served only by Warrnambool line trains. From September 2005 it began to be served by Geelong line trains extended from South Geelong, and became the terminus for most Geelong line services, but following its opening in October 2014, Waurn Ponds station became the terminus for the majority of Geelong line services.
Platforms & services
- Geelong line: V/Line services to Waurn Ponds & Southern Cross
- Warrnambool line: 1 weekday evening & 2 weekend V/Line services to Warrnambool
- Marshall Vicsig
- Marshall Station Rail Geelong
- "Operations". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 2003. p. 24.
- "Marshalltown road confirmed as site for new station". State Government of Victoria. 16 December 2003. Archived from the original on 25 July 2005.
- "Marshall - the new station for Geelong". State Government of Victoria. 6 September 2004. Archived from the original on 18 July 2005.
- "Marshalltown road confirmed as site for new station". Minister for Public Transport, Victoria. 16 December 2003. Archived from the original on 3 June 2008. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- Geelong - Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Melbourne via Colac Public Transport Victoria