|Position:||Inside linebackers coach|
|Born:||June 30, 1987|
Syracuse, New York
Mark DeLeone (born June 30, 1987) is an American football coach who is the inside linebackers coach of the Chicago Bears. He was previously the inside linebackers coach of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2018.
Kansas City Chiefs
On April 1, 2016, DeLeone was promoted to the Kansas City Chiefs assistant linebackers coach. The Chiefs went 12–4 in 2016 and clinched the AFC West title for the first time since 2010 and made the playoffs for the second year in a row for the first time since 1995. They would lose in the Divisional Round against the Pittsburgh Steelers 16–18.
The Chiefs went 10–6 in 2017 and won back-to-back AFC West titles for the first time in franchise history and made the playoffs for the third year in a row for the first time since 1994. They would lose to the Tennessee Titans in the Wild Card round 21-22.
On January 29, 2018, DeLeone was promoted to the Kansas City Chiefs inside linebackers coach. The Chiefs went 12-4 and won their third straight AFC West title in franchise history and made the playoffs for the fourth year in a row for the first time since 1993. They would go on to lose to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game 31–37. At the end of the season, defensive coordinator Bob Sutton was fired and DeLeone left to join his former offensive coordinator Matt Nagy.
On January 29, 2019, the Chicago Bears named DeLeone the inside linebackers coach.
- Andy Reid (HC 2013–18) current head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, previously coached the Eagles (HC 1999–2012), and Packers (1992–98)
- Bob Sutton (DC 2013–18) current senior assistant of the Atlanta Falcons, previously coached the Chiefs (DC 2013–18) and Jets (LB/DC 2000–12)
- Matt Nagy (HC 2019–present) current head coach of the Chicago Bears, previously coached the Chiefs (QB/OC 2013–17) and Eagles (2008–12)
- Chuck Pagano (DC 2019–present) current defensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears, previously coached the Colts (HC 2012–17), Ravens (DB/DC 2008–11), Raiders (DB 2005–06), and Browns (DB 2001–04)
DeLeone graduated from the University of Iowa, earning a bachelor's degree in liberal arts & sciences.
- Paylor, Terez (April 1, 2016). "Chiefs promote Britt Reid, Andy Reid's son, to defensive line coach in series of staff moves". The Kansas City Star.
- "Chiefs Clinch a Playoff Spot". Kansas City Chiefs. December 25, 2016.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (January 1, 2017). "Chiefs clinch AFC West after win over Chargers". NFL.com.
- Paylor, Terez (January 15, 2017). "Chiefs' divisional-round struggles continue with 18-16 loss to Steelers". The Kansas City Star.
- Hagemann, Andie (December 24, 2017). "Chiefs clinch AFC West title after win over Dolphins". NFL.com.
- Thomas, Jeanna (2018-01-07). "The Chiefs have a long, sad history of playoff losses". SBNation.com.
- Roesch, Wesley (2018-01-29). "Chiefs announce several coaching staff changes". Chiefs Wire.
- "Chiefs clinch playoff berth with OT win over Ravens". NFL.com. December 9, 2018.
- "Chiefs clinch AFC West title, home-field advantage". NFL.com. December 30, 2018.
- Chadiha, Jeffri (January 21, 2019). "Chiefs learn tough lesson in AFC title game defeat to Patriots". NFL.com.
- Kerkhoff, Blair (January 29, 2019). "Another Chiefs defensive assistant coach lands with a new team: Matt Nagy's Bears". The Kansas City Star.
- Mayer, Larry (January 29, 2019). "Bears hire DeLeone as inside linebackers coach". Chicago Bears.