28 August 1968
Mark Charnock (born 28 August 1968) is an English actor, known for his role in ITV's Emmerdale as Marlon Dingle, a role he has played since 1996. Charnock and Emmerdale co-star Dominic Brunt produce a yearly Zombie Film Festival in the Leeds Cottage road cinema theatre.
Charnock was born on 28 August 1968, and was educated at Canon Slade School, Hull University and Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. With fellow Emmerdale co-star Dominic Brunt, he hosted Leeds' first ever zombie festival on 20 April 2008.
Charnock's television debut was in 1992, when he played the character of Duane in an episode of 2point4 Children. In 1993, he appeared as a solicitor in the ITV comedy Watching, and later starred alongside Derek Jacobi in Cadfael (1994–1997). In 1993 and 1995, Charnock appeared in two episodes of the ITV soap opera Coronation Street. In 1996, he got the part of Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale. In 2004, he won the award for Best Male Dramatic Performance at The British Soap Awards.
- "Not this again!". Leedszombiefilmfestival.com. Archived from the original on 2 May 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Emmerdale star Mark Charnock admits he loves getting his teeth into meaty roles after being village jester". Daily Record. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Mark Charnock" (PDF). CDA London. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Patterson, Stephen. "Emmerdale's Marlon Dingle actor Mark Charnock makes appearance in classic Coronation Street episode". Metro. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Pratt, Steve (5 August 2010). "Fraud escort". The Northern Echo. Newsquest. Archived from the original on 14 November 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "British Soap Awards 2004 - winners list". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|