Albiol in 2016
|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2014 – 2 July 2019
|Member of the Corts Valencianes|
|Born||15 December 1982|
Castellón de la Plana, Spain
|Political party||United Left|
Communist Party of Spain
Marina Albiol Guzmán (born 15 December 1982) is a Spanish politician. She served as Member of the European Parliament from 2014 to 2019, integrated in the European United Left–Nordic Green Left (GUE/NGL) political group.
A member of the Communist Party of Spain (PCE) and the United Left (IU), Albiol ran as lead candidate of the Commitment for the Valencian Country coalition in the constituency of Castellón for the 2007 Valencian regional election, and she became a member of the 7th term of the regional parliament.
Albiol, who has also been an activist against oil offshore drilling in the coast of Castellón and in support of the Palestinian people, was reelected in the 2011 regional election, renouncing to her seat after being elected in the 2014 European Parliament election in Spain, in which she ran in the fourth place of the Plural Left coalition list.
During the 8th term of the European Parliament, she was part of the European United Left–Nordic Green Left (GUE-NGL) confederal group. She served in the Committee on Petitions (PETI) and in the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly (DLAT).
In 2018, Albiol reported a case of mobbing towards workers of the IU delegation in the European Parliament allegedly committed by party MEPs; Albiol, who later described the case as an "anecdote" to be dealt with as an internal affair, announced nonetheless that she would not aspire to repeat as candidate for the 2019 European Parliament election, vowing to remain as grassroots party member doing politics with a lower profile.
- "Marina Albiol Guzmán. 8th parliamentary term". www.europarl.europa.eu. European Parliament.
- Díez, Luis (22 February 2014). "Marina Albiol, de 33 años, disputa a Willy Meyer el cartel de IU a las europeas". www.cuartopoder.es. Cuarto Poder.
- Junta Electoral de la Comunitat Valenciana: "Resolución de 30 de abril de 2007, de la Junta Electoral de la Comunitat Valenciana, por la que se ordena la publicación de candidaturas presentadas por las circunscripciones de Alicante, Castellón y Valencia, que van a concurrir a las elecciones a Les Corts del día 27 de mayo de 2007" (PDF). XXX (5502). 1 May 2007: 17663. Cite journal requires
- "La eurodiputada Marina Albiol hablará sobre el TTIP este lunes en Cieza". www.europapress.es. Europa Press. 1 March 2015.
- "El sustituto de Marina Albiol en Les Corts acata la Constitución 'por imperativo legal' como republicano". El Mundo. 4 June 2014.
- Junta Electoral Central: "Acuerdo de 28 de abril de 2014, de la Junta Electoral Central, de proclamación de candidaturas a las elecciones de Diputados al Parlamento Europeo, convocadas por Real Decreto 213/2014, de 31 de marzo, a celebrar el 25 de mayo de 2014" (PDF). Boletín Oficial del Estado (104): 33409–33471. 29 April 2014. ISSN 0212-033X.
- "La portavoz de IU en el Parlamento Europeo dimite y denuncia "falta de respuesta" de la dirección en casos de acoso laboral". eldiario.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- "Marina Albiol dice ahora que su denuncia es anecdótica, pero renuncia a repetir en las listas europeas". www.elmundo.es. El Mundo. 18 October 2018.