|Marie of Prussia|
|Died||11 February 1649 (aged 69–70)|
|Spouse||Christian, Margrave of Brandenburg-Bayreuth|
|Father||Albert Frederick, Duke of Prussia|
|Mother||Marie Eleonore of Cleves|
Born in Königsberg, Marie was the second daughter of Duke Albert Frederick of Prussia (1553–1618) from his marriage to Marie Eleonore of Cleves (1550–1608), daughter of Duke William the Rich of Jülich-Cleves-Berg. The princess grew up with her sisters in Königsberg Castle.
On 29 April 1604 she married Margrave Christian of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (1581–1655) in Plassenburg Castle. Since her father left no male heirs, a dispute arose between Prussia and Jülich-Cleves-Berg about Mary's compensation. In 1613, Marie acquired the manors of Schreez and Culmbach in Haag (Oberfranken). She used the income from these manors to expand Unternschreez Castle, her Wittum. Mary and her family in Franconia had to flee their homes during the Thirty Years' War, and the manors were lost.
Marie died in 1649 and was buried in the City Church in Bayreuth; she had donated the high altar in this church.
From her marriage, Marie had the following children:
- Margravine Elisabeth Eleonore of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born and died 1606)
- Margrave George Frederick of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born and died 1608)
- Margravine Anna Maria of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (1609–1680); married in 1639 Prince Johann Anton I von Eggenberg (1610-1649)
- Margravine Magdalene Sibylle of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (1612–1687); married in 1638 John George II of Saxony (1613-1680)
- Margravine Agnes Sophie of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born and died 1611)
- Margrave Christian Ernest of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (1613–1614)
- Erdmann August (1615–1651), Hereditary Prince of Brandenburg-Bayreuth; married in 1641 princess Sophie of Brandenburg-Ansbach (1614-1646)
- Georg Albrecht (1619–1666), (not ruling) Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (junior line); married firstly in 1651 Princess Marie Elisabeth of Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (1628-1664). Married secondly in 1665 Countess Marie Sophie of Solms-Baruth (1626-1688)
- Margrave Frederick William of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born and died 1620)
Marie of Prussia, Margravine of Brandenburg-BayreuthBorn: 23 January 1579 Died: 21 February 1649
|New title|| Margravine of Brandenburg-Bayreuth
1604 – 21 February 1649
Title next held byErdmuthe Sophie of Saxony
- Julius Mebes: Contributions to the history of Brandenburg-Prussian state and army, Lüderitz, 1861, p. 863