|Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs|
|Assumed office |
March 30, 2018
|Preceded by||Evan Ryan|
Marie Therese Porter
|Education||California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (BS) |
Georgetown University (MBA)
Marie Royce, born as Marie Therese Porter, is an American businesswoman, diplomat, and educator. She is the current Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs, having been sworn into office on March 30, 2018 after being unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate by voice vote on March 22, 2018.
Royce graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona with a bachelor of science degree in marketing management and management human resources, and she earned a MBA in international business from Georgetown University in 1996.
Royce was a faculty member at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Working in the private sector for over 30 years, Royce held senior management positions at Marriott International, Choice Hotels International, Procter & Gamble, and Alcatel-Lucent.
She served as a private sector appointee on the Advisory Committee on International Communications and Information Policy (ACICIP) at the U.S. Department of State.
Royce was selected as an American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) delegate to Hungary and Poland and received the ACYPL Honors Award in 2018. The American Women for International Understanding (AWIU) recognized her with their Internationalism Award in 2013. In 1994, Cal Poly Pomona recognized her as the year's Distinguished Alumni.
In 2019, Royce was decorated with the “Order of Civil Merit, Commander by Number,” by Felipe VI. In October 2020, Royce was recognized with an Honorary Doctor Causa from the University of Tirana in Albania.
- "About the Assistant Secretary". United States Department of State. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Marie Thérèse Royce". U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "International Communications and Information Policy Membership". www.state.gov. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Key Additions to his Administration", White House, retrieved 2018-08-14
- "2018 ACYPL Honors Evening". Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "AWIU Internationalism Award Winners". Retrieved 2018-08-14.
- "Cal Poly Pomona Distinguished Alumni Past Recipients". Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "University of Tirana Press Release". Retrieved 2020-10-20.
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|