This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Spouse(s)||Tom Norris (1988-present)|
Marianne Muellerleile (born November 26, 1948) is an American actress.
Life and career
Muellerleile was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the daughter of Margaret (née Keaney) and Cecil E. Muellerleile, an American football player, coach, and college athletics administrator and oil company executive.
She played the role of Sophie, a waitress, in the movie Return to Me which was directed by and also starred Bonnie Hunt and then later appeared as a series regular on Bonnie's comedy series, Life with Bonnie as "Gloria", the housekeeper, for two seasons until the show ended. She also appeared in The WB television series Charmed episode "Primrose Empath". She also has a recurring role on the soap opera Passions, playing the disturbed character of Norma Bates. She also played the nanny on Melrose Place and a no-nonsense mother hosting a Halloween party on Highway to Heaven. She guest-starred in one episode of Will and Grace, in one episode of Anger Management and in one episode of How I Met Your Mother. In 1991, Muellerleile appeared on the situation comedy Night Court as Miss Gilly, as well as playing three different characters in three other episodes of Night Court..
In the 1984 film The Terminator, she had a pivotal role as a woman named Sarah Connor, who is murdered by the Terminator because she shares the name of its target. Also in 1984, she appeared in the hit comedy film Revenge of the Nerds as the woman who answers the door where Harold Wormser goes to ask about the room for rent. In 1994, she played the role of Diana Beaujolais in Saved By the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas.
Muellerleile recurred as a nun-teacher "Sister Dominick" at the school of the characters Madeline Fitzpatrick and London Tipton in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody episodes, Forever Plaid, Books & Birdhouses and A Kept Man.
She also recurred in Zeke and Luther as Nana Waffles, Luther's grandmother.
She voiced Mrs. Rudolph in W.I.T.C.H. and had a role in Smokin' Aces as Margie Turlock, where she treats shooting victim Hollis Elmore (Martin Henderson) after a botched drive-by attempt by the "Tremor Brothers". She's had memorable roles in films such as Memento, Thank You for Smoking, Norbit and Nina. Marianne later had a recurring role in the Disney Junior animated series The Rocketeer as Lucille.
In addition to TV and film, Marianne has an extensive resume in theater, commercials and print work.
She married Air Force officer Joseph T. "Tom" Norris Jr. on May 7, 1988.
Passions role (as Norma Bates)
- January 23, 2001 to February 5, 2001
- July 17, 2001 to September 28, 2001
- June 10, 2002 to June 11, 2002
- December 22, 2003 to December 25, 2003
- December 20, 2004 to December 27, 2004
- November 23, 2005 to January 4, 2006
- June 20, 2006 to July 3, 2006
- December 21, 2006 to December 28, 2006
- July 19, 2007 to September 4, 2007
- December 6, 2007 (one day only)
- April 29, 2008 through August 11, 2008 (end of the series)
- "CONZELMAN QUITS AT WASHINGTON U.; Muellerleile of St. Louis U. Also Resigns Position as Football Mentor" (PDF). The New York Times. Associated Press. January 14, 1940. Retrieved January 4, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Marianne Muellerleile Biography (1948-)