Maria Flor Leite Calaça
August 31, 1983
Maria Flor Leite Calaça (born August 31, 1983), usually known as Maria Flor, is a Brazilian actress.
She was discovered in 2002, and her first role was in the film O Diabo a Quatro, filmed in the same year, and released nationwide in Brazil in 2005. It was also her first role as a protagonist in a movie. She became famous after her role as Rê, a very insecure and innovative character, in Malhação telenovela. This was also her first television role.
She played Tina, a romantic character, in the telenovela Cabocla. To be able to play her character, Maria Flor spent almost a month in a farm learning how to be a peasant. In the movie Cazuza - O Tempo Não Pára she played a groupie following the rock band Barão Vermelho. In the film Quase Dois Irmãos she played a wealthy girl, daughter of a politician, and that gets involved with a drug dealer. She also represented the cast of the film during the 2005 Créteil International Women's Film Festival.
She played a prostitute in the movie O Diabo a Quatro. In her research to play this character she talked to real prostitutes and strippers. Maria Flor won the best actress award of the Festival de Cuiabá (Cuiabá Film Festival) for her performance in this film. In the biographical film Dois Filhos de Francisco, Maria Flor played Solange, who was the first love of the sertanejo singer Zezé Di Camargo, of the Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano duo.
She played Taís Junqueira in the telenovela Belíssima, which started airing in November, 2005. Taís Junqueira is a Brazilian woman working in Greece as a prostitute, after receiving a proposal promising her a job as a ballerina. During the telenovela, her character tried to return to Brazil. In 2006, she played Carol in the 2006 film Podecre!  and Letícia in the movie Proibido Proibir.
Maria Flor played the role of Bel in the 2007 film The Ballroom  Her first role as the main character of a telenovela was in the 2007 telenovela Eterna Magia, where she played the role of Nina Sullivan, who is a witch who refuses to use her magical abilities. In 2008, she participated of one episode of the TV series Casos e Acasos, and starred the end of the year special Aline.
|1995||Malhação||Nininha Marques Macieira||Telenovela|
|Cazuza - O Tempo Não Pára||Unnamed girl||Film|
|Quase Dois Irmãos||Juliana||Film|
|2005||O Diabo a Quatro¹||Rita de Cássia||Film|
|Dois Filhos de Francisco||Solange||Film|
|Eterna Magia||Nina Sullivan||Telenovela|
|2008||Casos e Acasos||Fernanda||TV series|
|2009||Som & Fúria||Kátia||Miniseries|
|2010||Quincas Berro D'Água||Film|
|O Bem Amado||Violeta||Film and 2011 Miniseries|
|2012||As Brasileiras||Shirley||TV series|
|Do Amor||Lulu||TV series|
|A Grande Família||Juliana Rebouças||TV series|
|2016||A Lei do Amor||Flávia||Telenovela|
- "Malhação não torna você um ator", diz Maria Flor - Terra (retrieved on August 14, 2007)
- "Dirce - Globo.com". Archived from the original on March 19, 2005. Retrieved October 7, 2005.
- Maria Flor vai estrear no horário nobre da Globo - Terra (July 16, 2005)
- Quem Acontece
- Maria Flor at Cineminha
- Pribido Proibir at Adoro Cinema Archived July 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Chega de Suadade at IMDB
- Flor das Seis - Quem magazine
- Nina Sullivan (Maria Flor's character) at Eterna Magia's official website
- "Maria Flor participa de Casos e Acasos" (in Portuguese). O Fuxico Terra. May 15, 2008. Archived from the original on April 27, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Maria Flor vai viver Aline, personagem espevitada criada pelo cartunista Adão Iturrusgarai" (in Portuguese). O Globo. November 22, 2008. Retrieved December 30, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Anthony Hopkins e Maria Flor são dirigidos por Fernando Meirelles" (in Portuguese). AdoroCinema. April 14, 2011. Retrieved April 22, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mais Moda Archived August 20, 2004, at the Wayback Machine
- Maria Flor at IMDb
- Maria Flor Interview at Terra (in Portuguese)
- Interview at Mulheres do Cinema Brasileiro Website (in Portuguese)