|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||TfL Rail|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||3 and 4|
|OSI||Woodgrange Park |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|6 January 1873||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Manor Park railway station is on the Great Eastern Main Line at Manor Park in the London Borough of Newham, east London. It is 6 miles 20 chains (10.1 km) down the line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Forest Gate and Ilford. Its three-letter station code is MNP and it is in Travelcard Zone 3/4.
The station was opened in 1873 by the Great Eastern Railway. It is currently managed by TfL Rail. Train services call at Manor Park as part of the Shenfield-Liverpool Street stopping "metro" service. In the future the TfL Rail service will be re-branded as the Elizabeth line as part of the Crossrail project. Eventually, the Elizabeth line service will be extended beyond Liverpool Street to Paddington and onwards to Reading and Heathrow Airport.
The typical Monday-Saturday off-peak service is six trains per hour in each direction between Liverpool Street and Shenfield, reduced on Sundays to four per hour in each direction:
|TfL Rail||London Liverpool Street - Stratford - Maryland - Forest Gate - Manor Park - Ilford - Seven Kings - Goodmayes - Chadwell Heath - Romford - Gidea Park - Harold Wood - Brentwood - Shenfield||Class 315, Class 345||6x per hour|
In normal operation all services use platforms 1 and 2. Platforms 3 and 4, on the main line, are generally only operational during engineering works that affect the electric line. An additional short, unnumbered platform face is present to the south of platform 1 but is not in operation; the track behind it is used as a passing loop for freight traffic.
New Class 345 trains began entering service in 2017. Platforms 1 and 2 are only 168 metres (184 yd) and 185 metres (202 yd) long respectively and cannot physically be extended to accommodate the new trains, which will be over 200 metres (220 yd) in length, so selective door operation will be used. The freight loop around platform 1 is due to be removed and replaced by a new loop line further down-line, west of Chadwell Heath.
Due to the narrow platforms and the layout of the station, fitting lifts for disabled access is difficult, requiring the walkways to be rebuilt and closing parts of the station for several months. The station will receive new ticket machines and gates, an accessible toilet and new retail space.
- Standard Tube Map (PDF) (Map). Not to scale. Transport for London. May 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Out-of-Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- National Rail Timetable Page 46
- TfL Rail Timetable[permanent dead link]
- "House of Lords - Crossrail Bill - Minutes of Evidence".
- "Station improvements in preparation for Crossrail" (Press release). London: Transport for London. 9 February 2016.
- Media related to Manor Park railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Train times and station information for Manor Park railway station from National Rail
- Excel file displaying National Rail station usage information for 2005/06
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
towards Liverpool Street