|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Malbazar subdivision, also known as Mal subdivision, is a subdivision of the Jalpaiguri district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Malbazar municipality and three community development blocks: Mal, Metiali and Nagrakata. The three blocks contain 22 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Malbazar. It is a newly created subdivision (1990s) and was earlier part of Jalpaiguri Sadar subdivision of Jalpaiguri district. The area is famous for tea gardens and moist deciduous forests. Important towns besides Malbazar town are Lataguri (the gateway to Gorumara National Park, which is located in the subdivision of Malbazar), Chalsa, Damdim and Matelli.
Apart from the Malbazar municipality, the subdivision contains rural areas of 22 gram panchayats under three community development blocks: Malbazar, Matiali and Nagrakata. There is no urban area under these three blocks.
Rural area under Mal block consists of 12 gram panchayats, viz. Bagrakot, Damdim, Lataguri, Rajadanga, Changmari, Kranti, Moulani, Rangamati, Chapadanga, Kumlai, Odlabari and Tesimala. Mal police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Malbazar.
Rural area under Metiali block consists of five gram panchayats, viz. Bidhannagar, Matiali Hat, Matiali–Batabari–II, Indong–Matiali and Matiali–Batabari–I. Metiali police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Chalsa.
Rural area under Nagrakata block consists of five gram panchayats, viz. Angrabhasa–I, Champaguri, Sulkapara, Angrabhasa–II and Luksan. Nagrakata and Banarhat police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is in Nagrakara.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, the Malbazar municipality the Mal block will constitute the Mal assembly constituency of West Bengal. The Metiali block and the Nagrakata block will be part of the Nagrakata assembly constituency. Both the constituencies will be reserved for Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates. Mal constituency will be part of Jalpaiguri (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates. Nagrakata constituency will be part of Alipurduars (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for ST candidates.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 19 March 2008. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 25 April 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 13 February 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Jalpaiguri district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 26 December 2008.[dead link]
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 5, 23. Retrieved 10 January 2009.