Richardson-Sellers in 2017
|Born||2 March 1992|
|Education||University of Oxford (2013)|
Maisie Richardson-Sellers (born 2 March 1992) is a British actress. She is known for her recurring role as Rebekah Mikaelson / Eva Sinclair on The CW series The Originals, as well as her starring roles as King Saul of Israel's daughter Michal in the ABC Biblical series Of Kings and Prophets and as Amaya Jiwe / Vixen and Charlie on The CW superhero series Legends of Tomorrow.
The daughter of Joy Richardson, Richardson-Sellers comes from a family of stage actors. In 2013, Richardson-Sellers graduated, with a degree in Archaeology and Anthropology, from University of Oxford, where she participated in and directed several plays, including Mephisto, Chatroom, and There Will Be Red.
After wrapping filming for her The Force Awakens role, Richardson-Sellers booked her second role as Rebekah Mikaelson in the CW series The Originals in 2014, where the character of Rebekah inhabits a different body after a spell gone wrong. Executive Producer Michael Narducci described her performance as having "an incredibly strong sparkle" and "there's a great beauty – not only with physical beauty but there's a great inner beauty – that comes up in her performance. There's also just this incredible strength."
In early March 2015, it was announced that Richardson-Sellers would play a starring role in Of Kings and Prophets, an ABC drama series that would be filmed in South Africa. In June 2016, it was reported that Richardson-Sellers would be playing Amaya Jiwe / Vixen on the second season of the CW series Legends of Tomorrow, who is the grandmother of the titular character in the CW Seed animated series Vixen. Her mother, actress Joy Richardson, guest starred as a distant ancestor of Richardson-Sellers' character on two episodes, "Zari" and "No Country for Old Dads". In 2018, Richardson-Sellers appeared in the short film Melody, directed by Bernard Kordieh. In May 2019, it was announced Richardson-Sellers would star in The Kissing Booth 2, directed by Vince Marcello for Netflix.
|2012||Our First World||N/A||Short film|
|2013||Americano and Rum||Ellie||Short film|
|2015||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||Korr Sella||Cameo|
|TBA||The Kissing Booth 2||TBA||Post-production|
|2014–2015, 2017||The Originals||Rebekah Mikaelson / Eva Sinclair||Recurring role, 15 episodes|
|2016||Of Kings and Prophets||Michal||Main role, 9 episodes|
|2016–present||Legends of Tomorrow||Amaya Jiwe / Vixen||Main role (season 2–3)|
|Charlie||Main role (season 4)|
- "'Legends of Tomorrow': Maisie Richardson-Sellers Real-Life Mom to Play Mysterious Woman From Vixen's Past". TV Insider. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "'Legends of Tomorrow' Season 3 Casts Maisie Richardson-Sellers' Real-Life Mom". International Business Times. 4 August 2017. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Daniel Barna (16 December 2014). "Star Wars' Maisie Richardson-Sellers Knows How To Keep A Secret". refinery29.com.
- Alice Vincent (22 December 2014). "Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms Star Wars The Force Awakens role". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Hugh Armitage (15 April 2016). "Star Wars: The Force Awakens deleted scenes: 6 things we learned". Digital Spy. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Marisa Roffman (8 December 2014). "'The Originals' Boss on the Fallout From the Rebekah Twist". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Edward Vkanty (16 March 2015). "'The Originals' Brings in a New Rebekah in More Ways Than One". Inquisitr. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Nellie Andreeva (6 March 2015). "Richardson-Sellers Joins 'Of Kings and Prophets'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Lesley Goldberg (23 June 2016). "'Legends of Tomorrow' Finds New Vixen in 'Star Wars' Actress". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "British Filmmaker Bernard Kordieh Presents Short film 'Melody' Premiering at the Hollyshorts Film Festival August 2018". The British Blacklist. 9 August 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (30 May 2019). "Netflix's 'The Kissing Booth 2' Sets Maisie Richardson-Sellers & Taylor Perez In Key Roles". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- "Maisie Richardson-Sellers". Gay time magazine.
- "Legends of Tomorrow Casts Maisie Richardson-Sellers in Surprising New Role". Comic Book Resources. 22 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.