|Education||Bachelors in Advertising|
|Slumdog Millionaire, Million Dollar Arm|
|Awards||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for Slumdog Millionaire|
Madhur Mittal (born 20 January 1987) is an Indian actor. He is best known for his character 'Tito' in the TV serial Shaka Laka Boom Boom and his performance as Salim Malik in the film Slumdog Millionaire, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture of 2008 and for which he won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
Early life and career
In 1997, Madhur won Boogie Woogie a popular reality-based dance show on television. Shortly after, his family moved to Mumbai where he joined AVM High for his schooling and Madhur forayed into acting and dancing on stage in charity shows, cultural events and film-award ceremonies. He traveled the world performing in over 950 stage shows. As a child actor he worked in well known Hindi films like One Two Ka Four, Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye, and more recently Say Salaam India. He has also acted in several TV shows including Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Kasauti Zindagi Ki, Jalwa, Chamatkar, Prithviraj Chauhan and Dastak.
Madhur Mittal's role in Slumdog Millionaire has helped him to gain worldwide attention. To prepare himself for the role of Salim in Slumdog Millionaire after being cast he hung out with some of the ‘gangsters’ in Mira Road "to get into their heads". Director Danny Boyle gave him a series of the Godfather to watch as that had a crazy brother in it. Also, he had an accident which led him getting 12 stitches which helped with the rough look, he said. He had to grow his hair long, increase his skin tan and lose weight to act as Salim.
Though Mittal gave a very powerful performance in Slumdog Millionaire as Salim, he was kept away from the spotlight, the focus instead set firmly on the lead couple of the film. When asked about his absence from the studio-generated hype, he shrugs: “The studio wanted to promote it as a love story.”
In 2008 he was nominated for the Black Reel Awards of 2008 for Best Ensemble and in 2009, along with the entire cast of Slumdog Millionaire he won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 15th Screen Actors Guild Awards. He was also set to be present for the 66th Golden Globe Awards and the 15th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Awards and honours
- 2009: Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for Slumdog Millionaire
|2000||Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye||Michael||Hindi|
|2001||One 2 Ka 4||Micheal||Hindi|
|2007||Say Salaam India||Shakeel||Hindi|
|2008||Slumdog Millionaire||Salim||English||Slumdog Crorepati in Hindi and Naanum Kodeswaran in Tamil|
|2014||Million Dollar Arm||Dinesh Patel||English||Much of his character's dialogue is in Hindi|
|2015||Pocket Gangsters||Vicky Ranawat||Hindi|
|1997||Boogie Woogie||himself||winner of Boogie Woogie|
|2001||Kasauti Zindagi Ki|
|2002||Shaka Laka Boom Boom||Tito|
|2012||Kidnap and Ransom Series 2||Anwar Razdan|
|2012||Treasure Island||Dick Johnson|
|2020||High||Jimmy||On MX Player|
- "Madhur Mittal on Slumdog Millionaire and more - Part 1". Rediff.com NEWS". 20 January 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Naomi Canton (13 January 2009). "Actor gets offers from Hollywood, Bollywood". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 16 March 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Little big winners Archived 28 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine, India Today 20 February 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- "Madhur Mittal on Slumdog Millionaire and more - Part 5". Rediff.com NEWS". 20 January 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kidnap and Ransom". TV Pixie. Retrieved 17 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- "15th Annual SAG Awards, Recipients Announced!". 25 January 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[dead link]
- "Cadillac, Slumdog & Bees are Triple Threats Black Reel Awards". Daily Express. 15 December 2008. Retrieved 23 February 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)