|Directed by||Chandra Siddhartha|
|Produced by||D. Ramanaidu|
|Written by||Chandra Siddhartha (screenplay) |
Balabhadrapatruni Ramani (novel)
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Suresh Productions|
Madhumasam (Telugu: మధుమాసం) is a Telugu romantic drama produced by D. Ramanaidu and directed by Chandra Siddhartha. The film has Sumanth, Sneha, and Parvati Melton in the lead roles. This film released on 9 February 2007 and was a hit at the box office having a run of over a hundred days in a few centres.
Sanjay (Sumanth) is an extremely practical man who believes in nothing but logic and reasoning. Hamsa Vahini (Sneha) is the exact opposite of him. She is highly emotional and trusting. Hamsa, not knowing Sanjay's true nature completely, falls for him and wants to marry him. Sanjay accepts the proposal. In a casual chat right before their engagement, Sanjay reveals that he does not love her and that he is just marrying her, as it is the practical thing to do. This hurts Hamsa and she cancels the engagement. As time goes on, Sanjay starts missing Hamsa, to his own surprise. A heartbroken Hamsa, meanwhile, encounters further issues with her own family. She decides that it's in her best interest to become a person devoid of any emotions or bonds. She loses faith in love and relationships. Despite Sanjay's several attempts to change her back to her old self, she vehemently refuses. The rest of the story is about how she finally accepts Sanjay's love.
- Sumanth as Sanjay
- Sneha as Hamsa Vahini "Hamsa"
- Parvati Melton as Maya
- Chalapati Rao as Sanjay's father
- Kavitha as Sanjay's mother
- Giri Babu as Hamsa's father
- Naresh as Sanjay's uncle
- Surya as Hamsa's brother-in-law
- Sameer as Hamsa's elder brother
- Ahuti Prasad as Sanjays Uncle
- Venu Madhav as Dharmavarapu Subrahmanyam Nephew
- Dharmavarapu Subrahmanyam as Hamsas Boss
- L. B. Sriram as Hostel Watch man
- AVS as Doctor
- Kondavalasa as Maya's House owner
- Siva Reddy as Police Inspector
- Raavi Kondala Rao as Sanjay's Grandfather
- Ravi Babu as Maya's boss
- Venkat as Peter
- Ashmita Karnani as Hamsa's friend
- Rajitha as Nurse (Assistant to AVS)
- Bangalore Padma as Hostel Warden
- Gundu Hanumantha Rao as Police constable.
- Uttej as Sanjay's friend
- Suman Shetty
- Director: Chandra Siddhartha
- Story: Balabhadrapatruni Ramani
- Dialogue: Sathyanand
- Producer: D. Ramanaidu
- Music: Mani Sharma
- Cinematography: Sudhakar Yekkanti
- Editor: Marthand K. Venkatesh
- Lyrics: Veturi Sundararama Murthy, Chandrabose, Suddala Ashok Teja, and Peddada Murthy
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
|1.||"Devadasu Kanna"||Peddada Murthy||Karthik, Bhargavi||04:12|
|2.||"Valentine"||Chandra Bose||Rahul Nambiar, Rita||04:31|
|3.||"Promise Chestuvunna"||Peddada Murthy||Ranjit, Rita||04:48|
|4.||"Oohale"||Peddada Murthy||K. S. Chithra, Karthik||04:42|
|5.||"Oni Merupulu"||Suddhala Ashok Teja||Muralidhar, Ranjit, Jayadev||04:41|
- "Madhumasam". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- "Telugu Movie review - Madhumasam". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- "100 days function - Madhumasam". Idlebrain.com. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- "Madhumasam (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), an album by Mani Sharma". Gaana.com. Retrieved 24 November 2019.