|2019–20 SPHL season|
|League||Southern Professional Hockey League|
|Home arena||Macon Coliseum|
|Colors||Navy, red, white|
|General manager||Blair Floyd|
|Head coach||Ryan Michel|
|Media||The Telegraph (Macon)|
|Regular season titles||1 (2016–17)|
|Playoff championships||1 (2017)|
The Macon Mayhem are a Southern Professional Hockey League team based in Macon, Georgia, and play in the Macon Coliseum. The team was formerly the Augusta RiverHawks, who suspended operations for the 2013–14 season due to ice system failure at James Brown Arena.
The franchise originally played in Augusta, Georgia, as the Augusta RiverHawks from 2010 to 2013. Talks of relocation started in October 2013, when the RiverHawks, the city of Augusta, and Global Spectrum failed to reach an agreement on replacing the James Brown Arena's ice system at a cost of $1.2 million; additionally, the team, city officials and arena officials could not reach a settlement regarding the eight home games lost due to the ice system's failure. Team owner Bob Kerzner had not initially considered relocating to Macon; however Macon Centreplex officials had contacted the league, showing interest in bringing a team, either by expansion or relocation, to Macon. On June 17, the Macon-Bibb Commission approved a five-year deal for the RiverHawks in the Coliseum. On June 25, the RiverHawks made their move to Macon official, unveiling their colors and logo. The team did not take to the ice until the 2015–16 SPHL season, allowing the team to establish its business relations and fanbase in Central Georgia. On February 4, 2015, Kevin Kerr was hired as the director of hockey operations and head coach.
After the team's third season, head coach Kevin Kerr was hired by the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL as head coach. The Mayhem then promoted assistant coach Leo Thomas as head coach for the 2018–19 season. Under Thomas, the Mayhem went 27–24–5 and lost in the first round of the playoffs in the 2018–19 season. After a 2–6–2 start to the 2019–20 season, the Mayhem released Thomas and assistant coach Ryan Michel took over.
- "Blair Floyd Announced as New General Manager of Mayhem". OurSportsCentral.com. June 5, 2018.
- Seibel, Ron. "Macon Mayhem to hit ice in 2015". The Telegraph. Macon. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "SPHL Approves RiverHawks' Move To Macon, GA For 2015-2016 Season". The SPHL. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Harrison, Brad. "Raising Mayhem: Macon brings home SPHL title". The Telegraph. Macon. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Mayhem make history by announcing Leo Thomas as head coach". WGXA. May 23, 2018.
- "Mayhem Part Ways with Head Coach Leo Thomas". OurSports Central. November 19, 2019.
- "Mayhem Officially Name Ryan Michel Head Coach". OurSports Central. December 20, 2019.