|Directed by||Ettore Scola|
|Produced by||Franco Committeri|
Aurelio De Laurentiis
Luigi De Laurentiis
|Written by||Ruggero Maccari|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Carla Simoncelli|
Macaroni (Italian: Maccheroni) is a 1985 Italian comedy-drama film directed by Ettore Scola. The film was selected as the Italian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 58th Academy Awards, ahead of Federico Fellini's Ginger and Fred, but was not accepted as a nominee.
Jack Lemmon plays a successful, physically exhausted, pill-popping American businessman, going through a divorce, who visits Naples, Italy. He spends several days there as a guest of a local business acquaintance, played by Marcello Mastroianni, who has a more laid-back philosophy and is devoted to his large family. In the process, Lemmon's character learns how to relax and live the good life.
- Jack Lemmon as Robert Traven
- Marcello Mastroianni as Antonio Jasiello
- Daria Nicolodi as Laura Di Falco
- Isa Danieli as Carmelina Jasiello
- Maria Luisa Santella as Door Keeper
- Patrizia Sacchi as Virginia
- Bruno Esposito as Giulio Jasiello
- Orsetta Gregoretti as Young actress in theater
- Marc Berman as French record producer
- Jean-François Perrier as French record producer
- Giovanna Sanfilippo as Maria
- Fabio Tenore as Pasqualino (the little monk)
- Marta Bifano as Luisella
- Aldo De Martino as Cottone (theater manager)
- Tilde De Spirito as The villain's mistress (as Clotilde De Spirito)
- List of submissions to the 58th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Italian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "NY Times: Macaroni". NY Times.com. Retrieved 31 March 2009.
- "'Macaroni' Italy's Pick For Oscar; Stirs Controversy". Variety. 6 November 1985. p. 5.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Greenberg, James (5 November 1985). "'Wish 3,' 'Elm St. 2' Nat'l B.O. Heavies". Daily Variety. p. 2.
|This article related to an Italian comedy film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|