|Slogan||అదే బంధం... సరికొత్త ఉత్తేజం.... |
Adē bandhaṁ... Sarikotta uttējaṁ....
(Same bonding ... New inspiration...)
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Former names||Maa TV (2002-2017)|
|Website||Star Maa on Hotstar|
|Hathway||Channel 406 (SD)|
Channel 405 (HD)
|Asianet Digital||Channel 271 (SD)|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 881 (SD)|
Channel 882 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 1409 (SD)|
Channel 1408 (HD)
|DishTV||Channel 6 (SD)|
Channel 5 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 78 (SD)|
Channel 57 (HD)
|Sun Direct TV||Channel 156 (SD)|
Channel 828 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channel 692 (SD)|
Channel 987 (HD)
|Singtel TV |
|Channel 671 (SD)|
Star Maa is an Indian Telugu-language general entertainment pay television channel based in Hyderabad, Telangana. Star Maa and its channels are owned by Star India, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company India. Star Maa is the fourth most watched channel across all genres with TRP of 749,122 impressions during week 5 ratings in February 2021.
MAA Television Network was founded in 2001 as a corporate entity, while its main TV channel, MAA TV, was launched in 2002. The company's second channel, MAA Music, was launched in 2010.
In February 2015, Star India acquired broadcast business of MAA Television Network for ₹2,500 crore (US$350 million) with company remaining with the promoters. In 2017, Maa TV was rebranded as Star Maa with a new logo before the start of the fourth season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. In June 2017, Maa Movies, Maa Music & Maa Gold were rebranded into Star Maa Movies, Star Maa Music & Star Maa Gold On 6 September 2020, Star Maa introduced a new logo during Bigg Boss 4 Grand Launch.
Star Maa has six channels in its network.
Star Maa has programming which appeals to all audiences irrespective of their age groups or demography. The channel is well accepted as the complete family entertainer.
Star Maa Parivaar Awards
Awards from the Television Serials were started presenting from 2017 onwards with this name, every year best serials were nominated and present awards to them
- "Disney's $52.4 billion acquisition of 21st Century Fox includes Star India too – MediaNama". www.medianama.com. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Star to discontinue linear channels in US from 5 Jan". televisionpost.com.
- "2018's most watched South Indian channels".
- "Star Maa showcases the best of Telugu entertainment".
- "BARC Report. Data Week : Week 5: Saturday, 30th January 2021 To Friday, 5th February 2021". Broadcast Audience Research Council. Retrieved 14 February 2021.
- "STAR India acquires MAA TV's broadcast business for Rs 2.5k cr". Business Standard.
- "Star India to acquire four Telugu Maa TV channels".
- "Maa TV rechristened as Star Maa". bestmediainfo.com.
- kalagara, Loshith (6 September 2020). "బ్రేకింగ్: స్టార్ మా లోగో చేంజ్". telugu news | Manalokam.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Star Maa launches fresh identity of network channels". exchange4media.
- "Star Maa serials and shows on hotstar". Hotstar.
- "Star Maa Parivaar Awards 2017, Winners List, Event Images And Telecast". Indian Television. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 2 September 2019.