|Slogan||అదే బంధం... సరికొత్త ఉత్తేజం Adhē bandhaṁ... Sarikottha uttējaṁ
(Same bond... New zeal)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Former names||Maa TV (2002-2017)|
|Website||Star Maa on Hotstar|
|Hathway||Channel 406 (SD)|
Channel 405 (HD)
|Asianet Digital||Channel 271 (SD)|
|Kerala Vision Digital TV||Channel 561 (SD)|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 881 (SD)|
Channel 882 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 1409 (SD)|
Channel 1408 (HD)
|DishTV||Channel 6 (SD)|
Channel 5 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 78 (SD)|
Channel 57 (HD)
|Sun Direct TV||Channel 156 (SD)|
Channel 828 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channel 692 (SD)|
Channel 987 (HD)
|Singtel TV |
|Channel 671 (SD)|
Star Maa (transl:Star - Our) commonly known as Maa TV is an Indian Telugu language General entertainment pay television channel based in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The channel is owned by Star India, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company India. The channel telecasts Telugu language programmes such as drama, reality shows and Telugu films.
MAA Television Network was founded in 2001 as a corporate entity, while its main TV channel, MAA TV was launched in 2002. The company's second channel, MAA Music, was launched in 2008.
In February 2015, Star India acquired broadcast business of MAA Television Network for ₹2,500 crore (US$350 million) with company remaining with the promoters. In 2017, Maa TV was rebranded as Star Maa with a new logo before the start of the fourth season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. In June 2017, Maa Movies, Maa Music & Maa Gold were rebranded into Star Maa Movies, Star Maa Music & Star Maa Gold On 6 September 2020, Star Maa introduced a new logo during Bigg Boss 4 Grand Launch.
Star Maa has six channels in its network.
Star Maa has programming which appeals to all audiences irrespective of their age groups or demography. The channel is well accepted as the complete family entertainer.
Star Maa Parivaar Awards
Awards from the Television Serials were started presenting from 2017 onwards with this name, every year best serials were nominated and present awards to them
The channel used to be one of the most watched top five Telugu GECs. As in 2010, it remained the third most watched Telugu GEC. Since 2017, the viewership of the channel started to have a great jump and it consistently became the most watched Telugu GEC after the launch of Bigg Boss Telugu with a record viewership and GRPs not garnered by any Telugu GEC. In week 26 while it had 529 GRPs in week 28, it jumped to 828. While as in week 28, it was at third position, in week 29, it became the most watched Telugu GEC. In week 34 of 2018, it became the third most watched Indian Television channel with 936 GRPs. In week 30 of 2019, it garnered its highest GRP of 1108 being third most watched Indian channel. In week 33, it maintained its top position with 1068 GRPs.
- "Disney's $52.4 billion acquisition of 21st Century Fox includes Star India too – MediaNama". www.medianama.com. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Star to discontinue linear channels in US from 5 Jan". televisionpost.com.
- "2018's most watched South Indian channels".
- "Star Maa showcases the best of Telugu entertainment".
- "STAR India acquires MAA TV's broadcast business for Rs 2.5k cr". Business Standard.
- "Star India to acquire four Telugu Maa TV channels".
- "Maa TV rechristened as Star Maa". bestmediainfo.com.
- kalagara, Loshith (6 September 2020). "బ్రేకింగ్: స్టార్ మా లోగో చేంజ్". telugu news | Manalokam.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Star Maa launches fresh identity of network channels". exchange4media.
- "Star Maa serials and shows on hotstar". Hotstar.
- "Star Maa Parivaar Awards 2017, Winners List, Event Images And Telecast". Indian Television. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "Going gets tougher for regional broadcasters as national players expand footprint". Business Today.
- "Telugu television rewrites script in 2010 - Sun TV Network SVP, business head- Telugu cluster Sanjay Reddy". Indian Television dot com.
- "బిగ్బాస్: రెండో వారం రేటింగ్ పగిలిపోయింది". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021.
- "Jr NTR's Bigg Boss Telugu Tops TRP Charts Making Star Maa No. 1 Telugu TV Channel". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021.
- "Bigg Boss Telugu TRP Ratings: Rana's No 1 Yaari Is Way Ahead Of NTR's TV Show". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021.
- "Star Maa is 3rd highest viewed channel in the country". Indian Television dot com. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021.
- "Star Maa becomes no.3 GEC". Indian Television dot com. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021.
- "Bigg Boss Telugu S3 propels growth of Star Maa". Indian Television dot com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2021.