|Airport type||Civilian and military|
|Owner||Government of Zambia|
|Operator||Zambia Airports Corporation Limited|
|Hub for||Proflight Zambia|
|Elevation AMSL||3,779 ft / 1,152 m|
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (IATA: LUN, ICAO: FLKK) is an international airport in Lusaka, Zambia. It was officially known as the Lusaka International Airport before being renamed in 2011 in honour of Kenneth Kaunda, the nation's first president. The airport has a capacity of two million passengers per year.
The airport is located off the Great East Road, approximately 26 kilometres (16 mi) northeast of the city centre of Lusaka, the capital and largest city of Zambia.
Airlines and destinations
In 2015, the government of Zambia began a three-year, US$360 million expansion and improvement of the airport, with funds borrowed from the Exim Bank of China. The work, contracted to China Jiangxi International, involves construction of a new "two-storey terminal building, 22 check-in counters, 12 border channels and six security check counters; a presidential terminal, a new air traffic control building and tower and a new hotel". The new terminal is expected to open in 2019.
- ZACL. "ZACL: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport". Lusaka: Zambia Airports Corporation Limited (ZACL). Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- ZACL 2018 Q1 results
- Airport information for Kenneth Kaunda International Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- Globefeed.com (12 September 2016). "Distance between Lusaka and Kenneth Kaunda International Airport". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Paylor, Anne (3 December 2013). "Fastjet to launch second international route in February". Arlington, VA, USA: Air Transport World. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Fastjet (12 September 2016). "Fastjet Destinations 2016". Dar es Salaam: Fastjet. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Kabanda, Chulu (19 November 2014). "Mahogany Air Resumes Operations". Zambia Daily Mail. Lusaka. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Routes Online (10 January 2014). "Malawian Airlines Revises Planned Launch Date". Manchester, United Kingdom: Routesonline.com. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Lower Zambezi Proflight Zambia shuttle flights". LowerZambezi.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "South Luangwa Proflight Zambia shuttle flights". SouthLuangwa.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Routes Online (10 March 2015). "Rwandair Adds Lusaka - Johannesburg Service from late March 2015". Manchester, United Kingdom: Routesonline.com. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Istanbul New Airport Transition Delayed Until April 5, 2019 (At The Earliest)".
- Ecomomy. "Exim Bank of China releases US$108 million for airport expansion". Lusaka Times. Lusaka. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Kenneth Kaunda International Airport OpenStreetMap
- Accident history for Kenneth Kaunda International Airport at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for Lusaka Intl at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.