|Archdeacon of London|
|Diocese||Diocese of London|
|In office||1 January 2016–present|
|Other posts||Priest-in-charge, St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe (31 July 2015–present)|
Archdeacon of Hampstead (2010–2015)
|Birth name||Luke Jonathan Miller|
|Born||27 June 1966|
Jacqueline Ann Blunden
|Education||Haileybury and Imperial Service College|
|Alma mater||Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge|
St Stephen's House, Oxford
Luke Jonathan Miller Church of England priest. Since January 2016, he has been Archdeacon of London. From 2010 until 2015, he was Archdeacon of Hampstead in the Diocese of London. He is an executive officer of the Society of Mary, an Anglican devotional society.(born 27 June 1966) is a
Miller was born on 27 June 1966 to Paul and Hilary Miller. He was educated at Haileybury and Imperial Service College, an independent school in Hertfordshire. He studied history at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, and graduated from the University of Cambridge with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1987; as per tradition, this was promoted to a Master of Arts (MA (Cantab)) degree in 1991.
Following graduation, he spent one year as a pastoral assistant at St James's Church, Sussex Gardens, an Anglo-Catholic church in Paddington, London. He then entered St Stephen's House, Oxford, an Anglo-Catholic theological college, to train for the priesthood and to study theology. He graduated from the University of Oxford, of which St Stephen's House is a Permanent Private Hall, with a BA degree in 1990; as per tradition, this was promoted to an MA (Oxon) degree in 1993.
Miller was ordained in the Church of England as a deacon in 1991 and as a priest in 1992. From 1991 to 1994, he served his curacy at St Matthew's Church, Oxhey in the Diocese of St Albans. In 1994, he was appointed a curate of St Mary the Virgin, Tottenham, in the Diocese of London. In 1995, he was appointed vicar of the church. During his ten years as vicar, he was involved in church planting in the area. From 2005 to 2010, he was also Area Dean of East Haringey.
In November 2010, he was appointed Archdeacon of Hampstead. This meant leaving parish ministry and taking on a leadership role in the Diocese of London. From 2011 to 2012, he additionally served as priest-in-charge of Holy Trinity Church, Winchmore Hill, London. On 31 July 2015, he ceased to be Archdeacon of Hampstead upon his appointment as Priest-in-Charge of St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe. He became Archdeacon of London on 1 January 2016.
Miller is of the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and is a member of the Society of the Holy Cross (SSC). He is an executive officer of the Society of Mary, an Anglican devotional society, having served at various times as vice-chairman and returning officer.
From 1996 to 2011, he served as a governor of Mulberry Primary School, London Borough of Haringey, and was its chair of governors between 2001 and 2011. He has been a member of the council of Haileybury and Imperial Service College, his old school, since 2006, and of St Stephen's House, Oxford, his alma mater, since 2008.
- Miller, Luke (2006). "The winds of change: 1914-45". In Davage, William (ed.). In this sign conquer: a history of the Society of the Holy Cross 1855 – 2005. London: Continuum. pp. 120–144. ISBN 978-0826491862.
- Miller, Luke (2014). The Sorrow of Nature: The Way of the Cross with George Congreve and St Therese of Lisieux. London: The Catholic League. ISBN 978-0992849702.
- London Anglican
- "Miller, Luke Jonathan". Who's Who 2015. Oxford University Press. November 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Ven Luke Miller". Clergy directory. Diocese of London. Retrieved 4 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Luke Jonathan Miller". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Bishops and archdeacons". Clergy directory. Diocese of London. Retrieved 4 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Announcement of new Priest in Charge". St Andrew by the Wardrobe newsletter. 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- Miller, Luke (31 July 2015). "Still tasks to complete as Archdeacon of Hampstead, but new things already beginning. @bythewardrobepic.twitter.com/5gZTkHzzGe". @ArchdeaconLuke. Retrieved 23 December 2019. External link in
|website=(help)[non-primary source needed]
- "Officers of the Society of Mary". Society of Mary. Retrieved 4 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Officers of the Society of Mary". Society of Mary. October 2012. Archived from the original on 22 February 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "J A Miller". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 4 July 2015.