|Los Angeles Angels – No. 39|
|Born: November 13, 1990|
Charlotte, North Carolina
|March 31, 2018, for the Los Angeles Angels|
|MLB statistics |
(through July 17, 2019)
|Earned run average||5.75|
Luke Francis Bard (born November 13, 1990) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Los Angeles Angels in 2018.
Bard attended Charlotte Christian School in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he played college baseball for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Minnesota Twins selected Bard in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball draft. He signed and made his professional debut that same year with the Gulf Coast League Twins before being reassigned to the Elizabethton Twins. In seven games between the two teams, he posted a 3.86 ERA. In 2013, he pitched for the GCL Twins, Elizabethton, and the Fort Myers Miracle, going 1-0 with a 3.65 ERA in 12.1 total innings pitched between the three teams. He missed 2014 and 2015 due to injury. Bard returned in 2016 and he spent the season with Fort Myers and the Chattanooga Lookouts, going 3-1 with a 3.74 ERA in 44 relief appearances. In 2017, he was 4-3 with a 2.76 ERA in 65.1 innings pitched between the Lookouts and Rochester Red Wings.
After he was designated for assignment by the Angels, Bard was returned to the Twins on April 27.
- Edwards, Jay (May 11, 2011). "Athlete of the week: Bard siblings are all taking their turn at the plate". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Edwards, Jay (May 11, 2011). "Athlete of the week: Bard siblings are all taking their turn at the plate". Charlotteobserver.com. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Georgia Tech's Bard selected 42nd overall
- "Luke Bard Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Mike DiGiovanna (March 15, 2018). "Luke Bard hopes to go from Rule V to option one in the Angels' bullpen". Latimes.com. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Jeff Miller. "Angels reliever Luke Bard still adapting to big-league life". Latimes.com. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Eddy, Matt (February 26, 2019). "Minor League Transactions: Feb 16 - Feb 22". Baseball America. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- "Shrewsbury's Andreoli hot at the plate and on the bases for the Daytona Cubs". The Boston Globe. July 11, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2017.