|Directed by||Ryan Prows|
|Distributed by||IFC Midnight|
Lowlife is a 2017 American comedy horror crime drama thriller film co-written and directed by Ryan Prows and stars Nicki Micheaux. It had its world premiere at the 2017 Fantasia International Film Festival.
- Nicki Micheaux as Crystal
- Ricardo Adam Zarate as El Monstruo
- Jon Oswald as Randy
- Shaye Ogbonna as Keith
- Santana Dempsey as Kaylee
- Mark Burnham as Teddy "Bear" Haynes
- King Orba as Dan
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2018)
On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 90%, based on 31 reviews, and an average rating of 7.3/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 66 out of 100, based on 7 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Dennis Harvey of Variety wrote that it "Nicely calibrates a twisty course between straight crime melodrama and black comedy, one that has cult-following potential among adventurous genre fans." John DeFore from The Hollywood Reporter wrote that it's "A captivating feature debut despite some missteps, it flashes back to a time when every other filmmaking newcomer wanted to be Quentin Tarantino; surprisingly, it does not provoke the weary eye-rolling that greeted so many of those films."
- "Lowlife". Fantasia International Film Festival. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "Lowlife (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- "Lowlife Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- Harvey, Dennis (April 3, 2018). "Film Review: 'Lowlife'". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- DeFore, John (August 2, 2017). "'Lowlife': Fantasia Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved April 17, 2018.