Louise de Montmorency
Louise de Montmorency depicted on a stained glass window in the Saint-Martin de Montmorency collegiate church, around 1525.
|Spouse(s)||Ferri de Mailly|
Gaspard I de Coligny
Louise de Montmorency (1496–1547) was a French aristocrat and courtier. She served as Première dame d'honneur to the queen of France, Eleanor of Austria, from 1530 to 1535. She also played an important role within patronage and as a supporter of Calvinism.
In 1530, she was appointed Première dame d'honneur to the new queen, Eleanor of Austria, a new court office installed just a few years earlier, which made her responsible for all of the other ladies-in-waiting of the queen. She retired in 1535 and was replaced by Mme de Givry.
- Madeleine de Mailly.
Ferry died in 1513, and Louise remarried in 1514 to Gaspard I de Coligny. From her second marriage she had three sons, all of whom played important roles in the first period of the French Wars of Religion:
- Davies, Joan (2002). "The Montmorencys and the Abbey of Sainte Trinité, Caen: Politics, Profit and Reform" (PDF). The Journal of Ecclesiastical History. 53 (4): 665–685. doi:10.1017/S002204690200427X.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Holt, Mack P. (1999). The French Wars of Religion, 1562-1629. Cambridge University Press.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Kettering, Sharon (1989). "The patronage power of early modern French noblewomen". The Historical Journal. Vol. 32, No. 4 (Dec.) (4): 817–841. doi:10.1017/S0018246X00015727. JSTOR 2639686.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Moreton-Macdonald, John Ronald (1915). A History of France. Vol. 2. The Macmillan Company.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Noble, Graham (2002). "The Development of Protestantism in 16th Century France". History Review.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Roche, Aline (2010). "Une perle de pris : la maison de la reine Eléonore d'Autriche". Cour de France.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 2013-12-03.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Shimizu, J. (1970). Conflict of Loyalties, Politics and Religion in the Career of Gaspard de Coligny, Admiral of France, 1519-1572. Librairie Droz.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
|This biography of a French peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|